What are you listening to part three

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Who were the Cockroaches?

Resident know-it-all.

The Rolling Stones played the Fox Theater in 1978 as a publicity stunt. They were playing some small venues that tour, the Fox only seats about 4500. They printed up "The Cockroaches" on the tickets in glitter ink and had invisible ink on the back to throw off counterfeiters. Thats my favorite show, I had the prettiest girl I could find sitting next to me enjoying it.

These concerts were from 1975-83, my dating years before I got married. We used to camp out on the sidewalk before tickets went on sale to get good seats. I had started working at UPS on the Midnight Sort then, I went to work after a few of these shows. After a Deep Purple show one night, my supervisor made me and a buddy of mine sit in the break room to straighten up some. Good times, I bet wkmac and photog were at a lot of these same concerts!

Last edited:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

Off "Dopes To Infinity"....my favorite Monster Magnet album. Dave Wyndorf talks about drugs a bit too much, but he is a lyricist from another dimension. Coincidence??

Last edited:

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
My collection of ticket stubs from my younger days. I saw some legends live and up close.

Nice! It took me a while to find my stash, but here's most of the ones I saved from back in the day. I've got a few more somewhere, but I have no idea where.
Just off the top of my head I'm missing the stubs from Aerosmith, Steely Dan, ZZ Top, Marshall Tucker Band, Night Ranger, Supertramp, Hall & Oates, Bon Jovi, Toto, and I'm sure a few more.
stubs.jpg