what would u do

bbsam

Staff member
Had a delivery at a farm parts store. Said hello as I came in, only customer says hello but guy behind counter doesn't say anything. He's looking at a computer screen. I wait for about 5 minutes and then he walks from computer to another part of the counter. Figure that's my chance, say in a friendly, respectful tone "Excuse me sir, have a package for you, could I get a signature please?" He literally yells at me "You just stand right there, I'll deal with you in a minute!" Husky guy with a beard, maybe 32-34 yrs old. As he said it I glanced at pkg and saw it was due the next day so I said, in a respectful tone, "Oh, I see this is due tomorrow. Since you're busy I'll just bring it back then." I turned and walked out, smiling with my back to him. Next day my manager calls me wanting me to explain this complaint. When I reattempted he wasn't there but the boss was, and he asked my why I didn't deliver his pkg the day before. I told him what happened, and he said that was different than what his guy told him. But he seemed to believe me and that was the last I heard about it.
I had the same thing happen repeatedly with a local farm manufacturing company. Receiving clerk was a dick every day to everyone. Finally one of my managers called me after being cussed at and yelled at for 5 minutes straight.

I was having a :censored2: day and wanted to let off some steam so I called up and spoke to the boss there. Looking back I was probably a bit unfair. I pretty much jumped him from the get go about Kevin’s crappy attitude and treatment of delivery people.

When I started to settle down, I thought maybe I had gone a little too far with some colorful language. But he just said, “Ah. Yes. Not. The first time we’ve had this come up. I’ll take care of it. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”

I somewhat sheepishly apologized for being so animated, but he understood and from that day on, Kevin has been anywhere on the scale of silently compliant and almost friendly. My guess is he’s done the math and figure losing his job would only make him more miserable.

falcon back

Coming from a guy who made a career out of being one.
You are the person who whines, complains and bitches 24/7. Your work ethic must mirror your attitude on here. I always did my best to get along with customers and give them good service. My only complaint is my crappy golf game. As much as play, you would think I would get better.

NC man

UPS doesn’t wait. If I’m there between ready and close then give me what you have and I’m on my way .My boss doesn’t like late pups. I have a job to do.
Cry me a river.

falcon back

I'm not rude - I am probably one of the nicest guys you have ever met. I have learned the more you give, the more they take.
Nice guy? You refuse to wait a few minutes at 1 stop, refuse to do a reattempt to the same stop and tell another customer you won't check in with them before making a delivery to the pharmacy. Doesn't sound like my definition of nice guy. Sad

bacha29

You are the person who whines, complains and bitches 24/7. Your work ethic must mirror your attitude on here. I always did my best to get along with customers and give them good service. My only complaint is my crappy golf game. As much as play, you would think I would get better.
" A man's got to know his limitations"....Dirty Harry Callahan...... And yours are considerable.

cosis

Nice guy? You refuse to wait a few minutes at 1 stop, refuse to do a reattempt to the same stop and tell another customer you won't check in with them before making a delivery to the pharmacy. Doesn't sound like my definition of nice guy. Sad
I bet you kiss your wife's ass too

Myort

We used to pick up from an appliance parts place that shipped out dozens of boxes per night. They had a 7pm-8pm pickup window and they made it clear they did not want you to come right after 7 and grab what they had ready and go. They were always processing shipments up until 8 and after 8. Around 8:15, you had to just cut them off and they would get upset about it. Had a fellow swing driver kind of piss them off one night on purpose. On Friday evenings, they wanted you to show up early because they finished early and couldn’t leave until you got there. He went close to 8 just to make them mad.

fdxsux

I never used to wait for anyone. I’ve since learned that at Fedex it’s best to do as little work as possible and take as much time as you can doing it. Now I wait for everyone. Hours are my friend.

DeliveryException

We used to pick up from an appliance parts place that shipped out dozens of boxes per night. They had a 7pm-8pm pickup window and they made it clear they did not want you to come right after 7 and grab what they had ready and go. They were always processing shipments up until 8 and after 8. Around 8:15, you had to just cut them off and they would get upset about it. Had a fellow swing driver kind of piss them off one night on purpose. On Friday evenings, they wanted you to show up early because they finished early and couldn’t leave until you got there. He went close to 8 just to make them mad.
I've had to explain to some that the hour window was for me to get there between all the other stops not for them to be ready sometime in that window.

falcon back

You should come back as a casual.
Having too much fun on the lake and golf course. Plus, my afternoon fattie would not allow me to pass the drug test. If you knew anything, you would know they did away with retiree casuals about 3 years ago. Bad move on the company's part in my opinion.

floridays

Quit making the same mistakes, it's not how many times you hit the ball that makes you better, it is how you hit it.