When does the negotiations get to the economics/pay?

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
$19.50/hr is too low.

$25-28/hr would be an equitable top rate for a job that requires only a valid drivers license and HS diploma.

What do you base this on? And are you going to give back your earnings over the 28/hr limit you set for your job?

This has nothing to do with just me :censored2:....but the whole working group of people in general... pay hasn’t been raised for years while everything else has gone through the roof NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE... and by the way, you might be surprised to see how much money swift drivers make who have been on the job for a few years....you need to stop being a mgt suck up...they get theirs... the average employee trying to get by can get their share also... nothing wrong with that!

Agreed.... middle class wages have been stagnant for over a generation now. companies like FedEx and amazon have exploited that to pay poverty level wages to their drivers, while their executives make high 7 to 8 figures a year..

Yolo

Your glass will always be half empty brah!
Try “I can’t wait to sign the 6 for 1 and sign up for TCD so I don’t get stuck in the rut of life long part time poverty and pray that someone else will help me when I can help my self to 100k a year!”

I started at 8 bucks an hour for 15 hours a week. Excuses are the tools of losers. I have a house that’s almost paid off, 2 SUVs, a hot tub, a boat, a dog, 401k, Roth, and my wife and kids never go without. Just because I made the decision to not be part time anymore.

Sorry for thinking my union brothers deserve more than minimum wage.

Yolo

I Made $8 in 1988 when minimum wage was $3.30. So the guy in 2018 should be more than happy with $10. Let's piss on him for wanting more.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
And if they cared enough to vote, maybe they would Understand that they have all the power to change everything.

You are missing a point, most of the part timers at UPS do not care if they are in a Union or not. It is a temporary job that they tolerate losing 30 dollars a month to an entity that they know nothing about. If it wasn't for the uninformed part time vote the last vote on the master would of went down, their vote counts the same a senior full timer.

Whether this is a master plan to keep passing subpar contracts, who knows. The fact that their is no swearing in new union employees or orientation on union rights and knowing the Business Agents says a lot. The dumbing down of of the membership keeps them under control. Most of the part time employees have their ballots turned by their parents, who do not want their kid hanging around the house or walking a picket line for a week or two.

Let us not totally blame the part timers for not voting, way too many full timers don't bother also (apathy). They do not trust the International to look out for the rank and file anymore, it is all about maintaining their status quo. That is why Contract language still reads Greek to most of us and is constantly open to interpretations. Let us not forget about the constant investigations into corrupt practices by Union Leaderships in different regions and you wonder why we are distrust anything from the International. For those who think that TDU is really a counterbalance to the current leadership in Washington, think again. Hate to say it but from my point of view same suit different tie clip.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
You are missing a point, most of the part timers at UPS do not care if they are in a Union or not. It is a temporary job that they tolerate losing 30 dollars a month to an entity that they know nothing about. If it wasn't for the uninformed part time vote the last vote on the master would of went down, their vote counts the same a senior full timer.

Whether this is a master plan to keep passing subpar contracts, who knows. The fact that their is no swearing in new union employees or orientation on union rights and knowing the Business Agents says a lot. The dumbing down of of the membership keeps them under control. Most of the part time employees have their ballots turned by their parents, who do not want their kid hanging around the house or walking a picket line for a week or two.

Let us not totally blame the part timers for not voting, way too many full timers don't bother also (apathy). They do not trust the International to look out for the rank and file anymore, it is all about maintaining their status quo. That is why Contract language still reads Greek to most of us and is constantly open to interpretations. Let us not forget about the constant investigations into corrupt practices by Union Leaderships in different regions and you wonder why we are distrust anything from the International. For those who think that TDU is really a counterbalance to the current leadership in Washington, think again. Hate to say it but from my point of view same suit different tie clip.
Reasoning or not, you just made my point. If they want more...VOTE!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The fact that their is no swearing in new union employees or orientation on union rights and knowing the Business Agents says a lot.

What have you done, to facilitate a change ?

It sounds like a prime opportunity, for you to lead a charge.

What Local.... wouldn't support your efforts ?

Most of the part time employees have their ballots turned by their parents, who do not want their kid hanging around the house or walking a picket line for a week or two.

Children.... policing their children.

Novel concept.

Too bad, there is no empirical evidence to support the claim.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Typical cop-out answer, in the form of a rhetorical question.
A "prime opportunity" in the face of those "chosen" (elected and paid) to lead.... who aren't???

Not everyone has the chops, social acuity, or leadership skills to be "that guy", but many are certainly waking up to the futility of the present, outdated, antiquated, and broken status quo.
Most locals wont support anything of the kind....

....as they desperately strive to improve only their status within the status quo, from inside the circled wagons.
Most local officials view the hierarchy within the organization as their superiors, rather than the members who they swore to serve.

Try and propose a bylaw amendment, or make a motion at a membership meeting and your branded a "TDU" heretic, or as only politically motivated by those on the podium.

@DELACROIX may very well be on to something???....deliberately planned apathy, masked by fake, patronizing, empty rhetoric like:

"What have you done, to facilitate a change"
"It sounds like a prime opportunity, for you to lead a charge".
"What Local.... wouldn't support your efforts"
?

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Novel concept.

-Bug-

Got to give you credit

You keep swinging

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Novel concept.

-Bug-

YAWN!!!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Novel concept.

-Bug-

Novel concept.

-Bug-

What do you think I am doing now, everybody who has been or is currently involved on this site and others are in leadership, it does not require being on payroll to represent or negotiate. I had a taste of the (Business of doing Business) that is part of the out dated system of keeping it in house, I understand the Bylaws of membership about bad mouthing leadership, but does it cross the line when you see a problem and you are not the only one.

Back in l982 the ballot was sent to my home address at that time, my parent's house while I was in college. I did find out later that my Mom did vote "Yes" and turned it in for me. BUG, it happens more than you would think.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

The same as all the non union jobs that require the same skill set and comparible duties as ups

When I see my fellow Fed X truck in my area bricked out front to back like me, then I will agree to take a pay cut. Even he agrees that we deserve what we make!

babboo25

Banned
Your glass will always be half empty brah!
Try “I can’t wait to sign the 6 for 1 and sign up for TCD so I don’t get stuck in the rut of life long part time poverty and pray that someone else will help me when I can help my self to 100k a year!”

I started at 8 bucks an hour for 15 hours a week. Excuses are the tools of losers. I have a house that’s almost paid off, 2 SUVs, a hot tub, a boat, a dog, 401k, Roth, and my wife and kids never go without. Just because I made the decision to not be part time anymore.
Wow a dog too? Dang!