When does the negotiations get to the economics/pay?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Are you sure you are a package delivery driver and not Barron trump jr? Never bought a dog in my life. They always just adopted us.
Nope. I make a good wage. My wife works also. Some people waste a lot on vices. Mine is beer. I don’t gamble or have a drug addiction.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
My dog cost $3600. A French bulldog.
Pocket change.
Hope you get a raise so you can spend a little money for your next K-9.
Picked up our new boy 2 weeks ago after the breeder drove him 5 hours in a car, then spent 10 hours in customs getting his passport and then an 8 hour flight from Germany.
He's from Slovenia. Black Russian Terrier. Pretty crazy. Always wanted one.

wide load

Pocket change.
Hope you get a raise so you can spend a little money for your next K-9.
Picked up our new boy 2 weeks ago after the breeder drove him 5 hours in a car, then spent 10 hours in customs getting his passport and then an 8 hour flight from Germany.
He's from Slovenia. Black Russian Terrier. Pretty crazy. Always wanted one.
Pic?
This is my guy
8BCEF611-8768-4107-86E1-392D71FEAF48.jpeg

BrownFlush

Will do. Get my wife to help me. I consider myself accomplished to sign in and type.
We've always had big breed dogs. English Mastiffs, Newfoundlands, Saint Bernards.
Now that we are 60, we figured this would be our last big dog.
Tough to take care of, but a deal maker for us was BRT's don't shed and slobber is minimal .
This guy loves water though , its all over the house.

BrownFlush

Will do. Get my wife to help me. I consider myself accomplished to sign in and type.
We've always had big breed dogs. English Mastiffs, Newfoundlands, Saint Bernards.
Now that we are 60, we figured this would be our last big dog.
Tough to take care of, but a deal maker for us was BRT's don't shed and slobber is minimal .
This guy loves water though , its all over the house.
... I don't drink ( I guess dogs have been our vice ), but FYI, you beat me on the price. He was only 3K. You spend it on what you like. Why else does a man work?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I started at 8 bucks an hour for 15 hours a week

How many years ago?

The problem I have now is the $.50 raises they get on their hire date instead of the negotiated raise the rest of us get. Add to that delayed benefits and it is like a progression.

The upside to them getting the shaft is that no one sticks around, so the opportunity to go full-time may come way sooner than it used to.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Started in the hub unloading trailers when hub was full time. Starting wage $3.13 per hour. Previous job paid about the same, main reason changing jobs was benefits, old job only had $1000 life and no medical. Also, back then UPS was growing so fast that you only had to spend 6 months to 1 year in hub before going into Delivery or Clerical.

wide load

How many years ago?

The problem I have now is the $.50 raises they get on their hire date instead of the negotiated raise the rest of us get. Add to that delayed benefits and it is like a progression.

The upside to them getting the shaft is that no one sticks around, so the opportunity to go full-time may come way sooner than it used to.
25 years ago. But, a part timer can go full time now and in 4 years make EXACTLY what I make. So this point of career PT (unless you have another job at $50 an hour) boggles my mind.