Where is Your Retirement Destination?

rod

Retired 22 years
Living in California I have to agree it's a tax friendly state . Prop 13 ( real estate taxes ) helps a lot.
Our CA taxes come out to less than $200 a year.

But our expenses elsewhere are more. DMV fees. Water rates are higher than electricity by double.
Food is pricey but that may be everywhere.
Sales tax is about 9%.

Nevada is only 30 miles away and we thought about it since housing is much cheaper but the savings everywhere wouldnt be worth the hassle. Our home is paid for.
Sure we could pocket hundreds of thousands after selling and buying a home there in cash but all the headaches of moving.
Not worth it to us.

It's the political climate that drives us crazy. Seriously thought of moving to Idaho.
We have a daughter there.
What is this "water rate" you speak of. I've never paid a nickel for water in my life -- always had my own well. I don't buy bottled water either. I'm not saying I've never drank a bottle of it but I personally have never bought one.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
What is this "water rate" you speak of. I've never paid a nickel for water in my life -- always had my own well. I don't buy bottled water either. I'm not saying I've never drank a bottle of it but I personally have never bought one.
You got one of these?
1638561644608.jpeg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In my town we have water meters and pay by usage. First there is a monthly "customer" fee of $68 a month. Then you pay so much for the first couple thousand gallons and then there us another rate for more than the 1st couple thou.

It averages out to about $80 a month for water. . Our electricity bill is about $40-50 a month.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I have city water, no well needed where I live.

satellitedriver

Drink your own sewage
My well is 300 hundred feet deep in the Carrizo-Wilcox Aquifer.
Pure clean tested "soft" water.
As an added precaution I run it through a 1 micron filter then a UV disinfectant lamp system.
Spent last week in Houston, Tx and could not wait to drink/bathe in clean water back home.
City water sucks.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
My well is 300 hundred feet deep in the Carrizo-Wilcox Aquifer.
Pure clean tested "soft" water.
As an added precaution I run it through a 1 micron filter then a UV disinfectant lamp system.
Spent last week in Houston, Tx and could not wait to drink/bathe in clean water back home.
City water sucks.
Depends on the city. My water comes from a reservoir that’s off limits to everyone…… nice bass in there.