Where's my pension?

bohdirt

So, in short, I left the company 10 years ago after working part time for 13 years in Maryland. As far as I know I am vested. I remember getting a letter years ago from UPS trying to buy my pension out. I did not take it. I've since moved addresses. Just trying to figure out who to call or reach out to in order to keep things in line. Thanks for the help.

rod

Retired 23 years
Part time for 13 years--10 year ago? You should qualify for about 10 bucks a month when you turn 75. Don't count on living the good life off of what you qualify for.

bohdirt

Part time for 13 years--10 year ago? You should qualify for about 10 bucks a month when you turn 75. Don't count on living the good life off of what you qualify for.
I recall the buyout being like $25k when they offered it. That would have been about 6-7 years ago

bohdirt

Only partially vested as a part times is about beer money.
I'm aware it's not much. But I worked in that hellhole for long enough, I'll take whatever I can from them. Just trying to figure out who to contact. I know it's through UPS itself and not the union. So maybe the answer is to call a 1-800 nu mm ber at UPS and go through all the bull:censored2: to figure it out.

I'm aware it's not much. But I worked in that hellhole for long enough, I'll take whatever I can from them. Just trying to figure out who to contact. I know it's through UPS itself and not the union. So maybe the answer is to call a 1-800 nu mm ber at UPS and go through all the bull:censored2: to figure it out.
Send them an email
With your employee is number
Screenshot_20240723-071122.png

oldngray

nowhere special
I called the 1-800 number for the pension and they said I had to send an email in to get an estimate
I got an automated reply saying it will take up to 3 weeks to get your estimate
It used to be you called that number and were on hold for at least an hour to get frequently wrong answers. Those are a third party who don't even work at UPS and all they can do is read from their one prepared script.