Who will win democratic nomination in 2020

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's looking like it. And apparently hard leftists really, really hate Tulsi Gabbard. Doesn't pass their purity test. Hopefully the Democratic party can deal with the idiots and get a moderate candidate put on the ticket.
Like they did when they got rid of extremist Bernie for moderate Hillary?

moreluck

golden ticket member
If & when Biden announces he's running for president...….I wonder if a bunch of Democrat duds will drop out. Also, Castro announcing as the FIRST Hispanic candidate has got Beto questioning his nickname !!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
If & when Biden announces he's running for president...….I wonder if a bunch of Democrat duds will drop out. Also, Castro announcing as the FIRST Hispanic candidate has got Beto questioning his nickname !!
Don't forget the Hawaiian lady Tulsi Gabbard ... she's my Dark Horse.

vantexan

Can you imagine the U.S. having a president named Castro? Fidel must be laughing somewhere.

Box Ox

Sigh

Why Democrats may go hard left in 2020 - CNNPolitics

"Poll of the week: A Gallup poll out this week finds that 51% of self-identified Democrats call themselves liberal.
This is a record high percentage of Democrats calling themselves liberal since Gallup began tracking this statistic in 1994.

What's the point: Potential 2020 Democratic contenders seem to be falling over themselves to be seen as the most progressive. This group includes those who were always very liberal such as Elizabeth Warren and those who were more moderate a decade ago like Kirsten Gillibrand."

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Sigh

Why Democrats may go hard left in 2020 - CNNPolitics

"Poll of the week: A Gallup poll out this week finds that 51% of self-identified Democrats call themselves liberal.
This is a record high percentage of Democrats calling themselves liberal since Gallup began tracking this statistic in 1994.

What's the point: Potential 2020 Democratic contenders seem to be falling over themselves to be seen as the most progressive. This group includes those who were always very liberal such as Elizabeth Warren and those who were more moderate a decade ago like Kirsten Gillibrand."
I don't know that I would pay too much attention to that prediction this far out.

Box Ox

I don't know that I would pay too much attention to that prediction this far out.

Yeah. But I'm also kinda worried there's gonna be a lotta push back against any sort of moderating viewpoints or compromise in a post-Mueller report world. Both sides might end up running to their respective corners even more so than they do right now.

On the other hand, in an ideal world, it could be a catalyst for both sides to realize we're on the same (American) team and work together more.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yeah. But I'm also kinda worried there's gonna be a lotta push back against any sort of moderating viewpoints or compromise in a post-Mueller report world. Both sides might end up running to their respective corners even more so than they do right now.

On the other hand, in an ideal world, it could be a catalyst for both sides to realize we're on the same (American) team and work together more.
Being out of power has a way of unifying a party and pushing the inter party differences to the back burner, at this point all the democrats really care about is beating Trump in 2020 and once the primary process gets rolling I suspect they will coalesce behind whichever candidate they think has the best chance of winning the general. That doesn't mean they will win, but I think they will give themselves the best chance. I will be surprised if Warren gets the nomination or is even really in the running.

Box Ox

Being out of power has a way of unifying a party and pushing the inter party differences to the back burner

I hope so. The level of race intersectionality/multi-gender/ offensive speech alarmism on the hard left has seemed like a pretty recent trend. And it also seems to have the support of, or at least acceptance by the higher ups in the Party.

They may not be able to advocate for moderation for fear of being accused of racism/bigotry/etc. Especially now, with Trump in office.

Sportello

Being out of power has a way of unifying a party and pushing the inter party differences to the back burner, at this point all the democrats really care about is beating Trump in 2020 and once the primary process gets rolling I suspect they will coalesce behind whichever candidate they think has the best chance of winning the general. That doesn't mean they will win, but I think they will give themselves the best chance. I will be surprised if Warren gets the nomination or is even really in the running.
I agree regards Warren, though she may be one of the best candidates to run against tRUmp. His Pocahontas schitck is all he has, and it will backfire.

That being said, I don’t see a strong candidate at this point.