Why collective bargaining?

Atomic_Smurf

You act like unions take your money and put it directly in the pocket of politicians you disagree with. Approximately 3 dollars of your dues go to International. The rest go to to your local. D.R.I.VE. is voluntary, and unions can't legally direct dues to politicians

Sent using BrownCafe App
It isn't just the money. They use our collective brand & claim to speak for all of us when they support dirt bags like occupy wall street & give hate speeches, demonizing the constitutional patriots in the TEA party. Union members aren't communist/progressives & they need to stop representing us as such.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Just because your international endorses a candidate, doesn't your money goes in their pocket. Of course they are going to endorse who threatens them less. Just like big business will endorse who best serves their interest. You can still vote for who want as a American citizen.

Sent using BrownCafe App
That's the problem. They (union bosses) endorse those who threaten them the least regardless of what's best for its members. RTW is a threat to the bosses old way of doing things but not a threat to the members as I've detailed but they use the gullibility of the rank & file to protect themselves by lying about the effects of RTW. Teamsters spent thousands of dollars sending out mailers & other propaganda trying to make people believe that RTW would cause people in this state to lose up to $5k per yr. in wages. They actually said that! Years later the only pay cut we've seen is to our healthcare package.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

I started a union today going into negotiations ok , before that half my members opt out of paying dues. The company's laughing their azs off . Do you think that company is going to take me seriously, my members dont even want to pay dues. Have you ever thought weak contracts are due to declining membership

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

I got fed ex buddies paying 85 a week for insurance. Stuck at 17 dollars an hour for years. They would love to be complaining about 85 a month, seniority raises, a grievance procedure, basic union rights. IM NOT PAYING MY DUES UNTIL I GET MY UNION THE WAY I WANT IT !!! WAAAA WAAAAA. Give me a break

Sent using BrownCafe App

Inthegame

You act like unions take your money and put it directly in the pocket of politicians you disagree with. Approximately 3 dollars of your dues go to International. The rest go to to your local. D.R.I.VE. is voluntary, and unions can't legally direct dues to politicians

Sent using BrownCafe App
$3 to the IBT? Not quite. 22% of your dues go to the IBT unless you're under $11 per hour.
You're wasting your time with the freeloader.

Atomic_Smurf

I started a union today going into negotiations ok , before that half my members opt out of paying dues. The company's laughing their azs off . Do you think that company is going to take me seriously, my members dont even want to pay dues. Have you ever thought weak contracts are due to declining membership

Sent using BrownCafe App

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Sent using BrownCafe App
A declining membership would no doubt have a negative impact on contract negotiations. It's why our leaders should be motivated to fix things before that happens. To be honest I don't know of a single employee in our building that isn't paying dues but I know plenty who are considering it, feeling unrepresented.
Know what causes declining membership? When union members realize that their leadership has sacrificed thousands of dollars of their healthcare earnings to the very same people that have scared unions into thinking RTW was is going to decrease their wages. Lying to the people who pay you for representation decreases membership.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

I got fed ex buddies paying 85 a week for insurance. Stuck at 17 dollars an hour for years. They would love to be complaining about 85 a month, seniority raises, a grievance procedure, basic union rights. IM NOT PAYING MY DUES UNTIL I GET MY UNION THE WAY I WANT IT !!! WAAAA WAAAAA. Give me a break

Sent using BrownCafe App
I'd rather them stay nonunion as we continue to set the standard. Do you remember our negotiators spin when this contract was offered? They said we were "just getting more in line with the industry standard". Doesn't that sound pleasant... If our unions continue to support the Communist, redistribution Democrats will all be making FedEx wages and benefits, left scratching our heads wondering what happened.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

I flip around the news, I watch fox to get a laugh, comedy central to get a laugh. Morning joe, Anderson Cooper to get world news, local channels for local news, whats your point?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

I will never support rtw, you will always be for it. As long as you have people like me that realize unions don't deserve legislation weaking them, just keep enjoying the benefits I fight for everyday

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Nobody is your Union "boss" you have a union job at ups. " union boss" is straight off fox news. YOU ARE THE UNION!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

I don't know why but I always get a chuckle when I hear the phrase "union boss". It doesn't make me mad it just makes me laugh.
Ask local 89 if they "are the union" or if "union bosses" are making their decisions for them.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

I will never support rtw, you will always be for it. As long as you have people like me that realize unions don't deserve legislation weaking them, just keep enjoying the benefits I fight for everyday

Sent using BrownCafe App
HusseinCare weakens unions. Don't sit there and claim to be "fighting" to protect my benefits while you allow Democrats to pillage and plunder what we all work hard to earn.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

You can't lose, im fighting for your rights wether you pay dues or not. If you can live with that, I personally think you need a gut check and self check

Sent using BrownCafe App
Being a liberal is the easiest most gutless choice a person can make. If your idea of "fighting" for my rights is hiding in a closet why liberals pass legislation that screws working people then ya, I guess you are.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

Atomic_Smurf

I flip around the news, I watch fox to get a laugh, comedy central to get a laugh. Morning joe, Anderson Cooper to get world news, local channels for local news, whats your point? Sent using BrownCafe App

I always enjoy watching liberals squirm for an answer, knowing the number of times MSNBC & CNN have been caught twisting the truth or ignoring new stories, it usually causes them to default to Comedy Central or ESPN. If you had been watching FOX you would have known 5 years ago that your next contract negotiation would result in downgraded healthcare benefits for nearly all unions.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Certain people aren't meant for union jobs. If you really are a union member smurf, your opinions are really demented. Thats what they are opinions. I would suggest a career as corporate lobbyist. A professional union buster. Give seminars on how to get the most out of a union job, without paying dues. Course u might have to change your handle from smurf to koch bro joe. Good luck man youneed it

Sent using BrownCafe App