Why do drivers have this elitist attitude?

PreTrippin’

Arriving on the sin wagon.
3 in 9 months here.
We had one documented in package very recently- we had a PCM about the handbrake the next day and away we go.

A few months ago some new dude rolled up with a set of doubles and didn’t know where to go so he parked in the center turn lane instead of going into our yard. I was in the shifter about to pull an empty off when he walked up to me to ask where he should park the loads. As we were talking I looked over and his tractor was rolling backwards in the street. I said hey I think your tractors moving. He yelled an expletive and ran to the truck and stopped it. One of the luckiest bastards I’ve ever seen although I never saw him again so…

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We had one documented in package very recently- we had a PCM about the handbrake the next day and away we go.

A few months ago some new dude rolled up with a set of doubles and didn’t know where to go so he parked in the center turn lane instead of going into our yard. I was in the shifter about to pull an empty off when he walked up to me to ask where he should park the loads. As we were talking I looked over and his tractor was rolling backwards in the street. I said hey I think your tractors moving. He yelled an expletive and ran to the truck and stopped it. One of the luckiest bastards I’ve ever seen although I never saw him again so…
Probably never ran so fast in his life either! There goes my job!

PreTrippin’

1644446106050.gif

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
He was bringing a set of two loaded pups, I was on the wall with an empty… but yes I may have done that before… hey it wasn’t my fault ok?
We had a guy shifting for preload pull one off the wall with 2 preloaders still in it, took'em for a ride and then backed it up against another empty so they couldn't get out, didn't know what he'd done til he came back around to the inbound wall and the sup came running at him yelling what'd you do with those guys?

Trailer monkey

Like theyre so important? Actually its the feeder drivers im talking about. Huge egos on them. Im pt pickoff and had an idiot feeder driver ask me if he can pull the truck. I told him im not a supervisor. He stormed off and yelled "no accountability here". Wtf?

I talked to a package car driver on the way out and he was telling me feeder drivers dont do jack :censored2:.
It doesn't sound too elitist to ask a P/O for permission to pull a trailer

PreTrippin’

We had a guy shifting for preload pull one off the wall with 2 preloaders still in it, took'em for a ride and then backed it up against another empty so they couldn't get out, didn't know what he'd done til he came back around to the inbound wall and the sup came running at him yelling what'd you do with those guys?
lol this is the coolest story I’ve heard in a while.

quad decade guy

On a personal note, I once rolled up a trailer door to get the seal control out, and a table in a flat box rolled out and hit me right between the eyes. I woke up on the ground with people surrounding me. It could have been prevented by a load retainer! I coulda died! lol.
If true(actually getting hit in the head) and being knocked unconscious....is funny.....what can be said? LOL? Really?

And so, everyone had a good laugh and just walked off? Really?

Here, there was a time when you didn't move that trailer until you had a load retainer deployed.

Watching shifters high speed a trailer, trying to free the door of leaning pkgs. Then finally pulling that door off with chains and a forklift!. I've seen it. Also saw plenty of head injuries.

But then, maybe you were one of those Circle of Honor guys I've talked about....cavalier and unsafe. Especially unsafe to others.

UnionStrong

Two big rollaways Where I am
One roll through a garage connected to a house.

The other one rolled across a street down in a embankment and into a creek.

Both got their jobs back after lengthy suspensions. Neither went to a panel.
I was paranoid about it. Always had the hand brake on and good and tight. A seasonal driver had a package car roll away, hit a parked car.

UnionStrong

Two big rollaways Where I am
One roll through a garage connected to a house.

The other one rolled across a street down in a embankment and into a creek.

Both got their jobs back after lengthy suspensions. Neither went to a panel.
It’s incredible that they got their jobs back.