Wild speculation

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What I think when I wear my tinfoil hat
They increased progression to four years, did away with the dollar amount you can be fired for with an accident, dumbing down the job with Orion. Despite what we think or feel about the system it does make it so someone with zero area knowledge can stumble through a route.
I think after the hiring frenzy they will go on a firing frenzy.

Not in the Western Conference.

We have innocent until proven guilty and no "other serious offenses" BS in our Suspension and Discharge language. To get fired out here, you actually have to deserve it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our HR person said the door was closing on the opportunity for CMs to dictate staffing permanent ft driving positions and the deadline was in April.

Allegedly, Corp was taking it back over after that.
center manager's around here don't even get to decide which hand to wipe their own butts with. Corporate took that one back a long time ago, now they just issue a memo every week designating right vs. left.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
We're running right at the same FT level we've been at for years. The one difference here is that less PT have made it thru the FT process. Several loaders flat out refused to go to Driver School, due to being afraid of the lousy hours and hard ass work. One quit school after 2 days, and will be joining the mgmt team at a later date, lol. One drove for 2 weeks and got injury disqualified. 2 could not put up the numbers that mgmt wanted in productivity.
Here's my tinfoil hat prediction;
Hire more drivers than you need, because you can not tell how long the new kids will last.
The loaders they hire here mostly have never had a serious physical job in their young lives before this. When they try to become drivers, several simply won't have the sand to go the distance.
The few that do, those are the ones that are being retained.

Browndriver5

We're running right at the same FT level we've been at for years. The one difference here is that less PT have made it thru the FT process. Several loaders flat out refused to go to Driver School, due to being afraid of the lousy hours and hard ass work. One quit school after 2 days, and will be joining the mgmt team at a later date, lol. One drove for 2 weeks and got injury disqualified. 2 could not put up the numbers that mgmt wanted in productivity.
Here's my tinfoil hat prediction;
Hire more drivers than you need, because you can not tell how long the new kids will last.
The loaders they hire here mostly have never had a serious physical job in their young lives before this. When they try to become drivers, several simply won't have the sand to go the distance.
The few that do, those are the ones that are being retained.

Nay ups isn't worried about a shortage of drivers that just gives them an excuse to work you all day

TheFigurehead

Several loaders flat out refused to go to Driver School, due to being afraid of the lousy hours and hard ass work.

That isn't fear, it's brains. Not everyone is motivated solely by money. People have families, lives, and interests beyond UPS. No amount of money that UPS is going to offer me is enough to dedicate that kind of time to this company. Maybe if they got their $h!+ straightened out, that wouldn't be the case.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
That isn't fear, it's brains. Not everyone is motivated solely by money. People have families, lives, and interests beyond UPS. No amount of money that UPS is going to offer me is enough to dedicate that kind of time to this company. Maybe if they got their $h!+ straightened out, that wouldn't be the case.

Let's not hold our breath.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep we have had 2-3 new hires quite over the last 2 years.

Why? Because there wife said there ain't no way I'm raising these kids by myself. Go find another job.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
i hear ya, and im freight so its quite different over here but i will say this, a normal week for me is at least 55 hours, in spring and summer its well above 60, at thats the way it is everywhere with LTL driving at most reputable companies, and starting at UPS for at least the first few years the pay is on par with the rest of em, but top rate is highest in industry and even starting rate i can afford to have my wife stay home with my kids, not many other companies offer what ups does at all, especially for a guy like me who only went to HS.....and this might sound terrible to some but i absolutely can be bought for hard cash, the days are long and im beat at end of week but i dunno where else a high school grad could go and make enough money for wife to for most part stay home, but to each his own i guess...i only post because i hear a lot of guy say ooh man i have no life or ohh man its hard work and hours, i just try to keep eye on prize, and i drink too that helps a lot