Will feeder position eventually stop drug testing ?

HarryWarden

Which means that if you drink something at home that won't metabolize on out, or will somehow show up on a test, it's not allowed.

Fortunately, a beer won't show up as a positive.
That blunt will though.
I don’t know where you’re coming up with these facts.

1, look at the criteria for testing, you have to be suspected to be under the influence to be tested, if it was not allowed at all after work, you would have pre employment drug testing, like with feeders

2. Everything metabolizes out of your body, just at different speeds, that has nothing to do with what is allowed or not. If you drink alcohol immediately before your shift and are under the influence, it will show up in testing. If you drink after work and sleep it off and have 12 hours before testing, it will not show up, same as marijuana with the blood test

Sporhwhore

Everybody at my hub( package car drivers) that smokes weed got their medical card… at one time I was a stoner and would love to smoke again especially the good stuff they have these days but my $170000 job means more to me and I keep telling these “ kids” if they get popped that medical card means nothing!

qdg2

Everybody at my hub( package car drivers) that smokes weed got their medical card… at one time I was a stoner and would love to smoke again especially the good stuff they have these days but my $170000 job means more to me and I keep telling these “ kids” if they get popped that medical card means nothing!
Do they("the kids") really not know the difference? Really?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I don’t know where you’re coming up with these facts.

1, look at the criteria for testing, you have to be suspected to be under the influence to be tested, if it was not allowed at all after work, you would have pre employment drug testing, like with feeders

2. Everything metabolizes out of your body, just at different speeds, that has nothing to do with what is allowed or not. If you drink alcohol immediately before your shift and are under the influence, it will show up in testing. If you drink after work and sleep it off and have 12 hours before testing, it will not show up, same as marijuana with the blood test
1: You are making an assumption here. UPS doesn’t “need” to do pre employment drug tests for it to not be allowed.

2: Exactly right. Drinking alcohol is prohibited if it will trip a blood alcohol test.

So we’re agreed. Weed isn’t allowed since it will show up as a positive test result long after you’ve used it.

HarryWarden

1: You are making an assumption here. UPS doesn’t “need” to do pre employment drug tests for it to not be allowed.

2: Exactly right. Drinking alcohol is prohibited if it will trip a blood alcohol test.

So we’re agreed. Weed isn’t allowed since it will show up as a positive test result long after you’ve used it.
We are not in agreement. Your logic is flawed and you are wrong

If ups prohibited you from smoking weed outside of work, they wouldn’t bother giving you the choice of taking a blood test in addition to your urine test. A blood test is a more accurate test of whether your currently under the influence. If they cared about you being high at home off the clock, the urine test would be enough, like with feeders, and like other companies do with pre employment drug tests and random drug tests, which ups does neither. They only test if you are suspected of CURRENTLY being under the influence, and you are even given the option of taking a blood test to make it more accurate

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
We are not in agreement. Your logic is flawed and you are wrong

If ups prohibited you from smoking weed outside of work, they wouldn’t bother giving you the choice of taking a blood test in addition to your urine test. A blood test is a more accurate test of whether your currently under the influence. If they cared about you being high at home off the clock, the urine test would be enough, like with feeders, and like other companies do with pre employment drug tests and random drug tests, which ups does neither. They only test if you are suspected of CURRENTLY being under the influence, and you are even given the option of taking a blood test to make it more accurate
Ok dude. Go light up.

You already got lucky once. I guess you must be invincible.

I have NOT been lurking

Eat. Sleep. Work. Jork.
I’ll be retired by the time you get to drive
✊🧔‍♂️
Screenshot_20231003-172030_YouTube.jpg

Faceplanted

Which means that if you drink something at home that won't metabolize on out, or will somehow show up on a test, it's not allowed.

Fortunately, a beer won't show up as a positive.
That blunt will though.
Listen to these boomers….. BLUNT lmfao.

If I have a script for medical marijuana, how is that different than a script for aderrall (amphetamine)?

Both are federally controlled substances without a script

I remember hearing a few cases of workers getting tested for marijuana who had medical cards,… and failing the test, and later in sue-ing their company.

Everybody wanted to listen to doctors about covid and vaxes, yet if my doctor says marijuana is medicine in my situation he is some how a quack and I’m an addict?

All of this is pertaining to being a non DOT card holding employee. I understand muh federal dot card so please don’t start with the boomer nonsense.