Working off the clock!

raceanoncr

Had a package steward that was there an hour before, sorting and marking and planning. The STEWARD. How do you set an example with this?

When in package (went to feeders after 3 yrs), never did have an area. I came in one day, just to do anything, they were fat on drivers and asked him if he wanted off. He was, also, most senior driver.

He'd been in his "car" the usual hour before. He had asked for an 8 hr request, so it was set up that way (I guess). I ran it blind. Never ran it before. Every parcel was marked, where to go for indirects, where to leave if release, etc. This was also the day of paper...no, whatever you call it now. All signatures, very few releases, I think maybe Penny's and a handful of others. Mind you, he didn't know he was getting the day off. THIS WAS FOR HIM, and he'd been here for 24 yrs already.

I was done, finished, empty, kaput by 1:30 PM. Pickups didn't start til 3. Do you think he had the Co by the short-hairs or what?

Oh, and did I mention that he was the STEWARD? Nice guy but a goof

R1wonder

I’m really getting sick of guys checking for misloads and organizing their trucks an hour before start time…

I’ll check for misloads when I get to my route area..😎

🧔‍♂️✊
Yup . Few guys around me doing it . They been grieved by preload and fired for it . Back the next day. They were told they could be in there and organize all they want and look for misloads as long as they weren’t taking anything off the dock or cage and loading . Oh well. I’m lucky to be at the pcm on time

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yup . Few guys around me doing it . They been grieved by preload and fired for it . Back the next day. They were told they could be in there and organize all they want and look for misloads as long as they weren’t taking anything off the dock or cage and loading . Oh well. I’m lucky to be at the pcm on time
Sorting the load before start time is working off the clock. Same for lunch break.

We are our our worse enemy.

R1wonder

Sorting the load before start time is working off the clock. Same for lunch break.

We are our our worse enemy.
Don’t have to tell me . That’s what our union and the company told him . I’ll do it one day a year , Xmas eve . Maybe a few min early . This year my truck was so empty it didn’t take long lol . Hell I don’t even verify my air . I get in my truck and go 😆

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Nowadays they are paying for the cars to effectively get preloaded twice including lost milage whether they admit it or not. Whether you sort it all in one go or suffer through each stop individually. No way would I do that for free, I'm 22.4 after all.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Had a package steward that was there an hour before, sorting and marking and planning. The STEWARD. How do you set an example with this?

When in package (went to feeders after 3 yrs), never did have an area. I came in one day, just to do anything, they were fat on drivers and asked him if he wanted off. He was, also, most senior driver.

He'd been in his "car" the usual hour before. He had asked for an 8 hr request, so it was set up that way (I guess). I ran it blind. Never ran it before. Every parcel was marked, where to go for indirects, where to leave if release, etc. This was also the day of paper...no, whatever you call it now. All signatures, very few releases, I think maybe Penny's and a handful of others. Mind you, he didn't know he was getting the day off. THIS WAS FOR HIM, and he'd been here for 24 yrs already.

I was done, finished, empty, kaput by 1:30 PM. Pickups didn't start til 3. Do you think he had the Co by the short-hairs or what?

Oh, and did I mention that he was the STEWARD? Nice guy but a goof
You handle it by calling out the steward, and then FILE on his working off the clock for xtra work. Forget aboutbfiking against a teamster,, if its your stew. Shut him down. Also call your BA and tell them, youre not putting up with this stew breaking rules.

beatupbrown

We had a driver that would show up 630am hand load his truck off the clock then be 2.5 hours under but after deducting working off the clock it was wash ,the dude was a odd ball in general .

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You handle it by calling out the steward, and then FILE on his working off the clock for xtra work. Forget aboutbfiking against a teamster,, if its your stew. Shut him down. Also call your BA and tell them, youre not putting up with this stew breaking rules.
They need a "Runner-Gunner's Hall of Fame" in that center. Put up his or hers photo on the wall!

FozziesDeliveries

RUNNER GUNNER DONE-R. SLINGING AND RUNNING TILL I DIE! OLD FARTS OFF AT 9 WHILE IM ON MY FREE TIME 🔫💥🤣

....and when you get hurt bad enough or have a severe wreck, you'll have lots of free time.

It's just a matter of time.
Yup. We had a runner gunner have a tier 3. Got fired on the spot and maybe... 4 to 6 months later got his job back. Seemed to of calmed down for a little bit but is right back to running and gunning again. So he was out of work for 4 or so months, if he has another accident there is no way he is coming back. Also he will probably cripple himself after enough time.

Don't be stupid, be safe! WE GET PAID BY THE HOUR!!!

MrBates

I am a new 22.4 Drive only (80) days in and I typically come in early to sort my truck for the day, for organization purposes. Im not in the Union currently. What should i do ? I have been and wat to keep showing I can knock the route out ? What should any new driver in my postion do if were just trying to get a headstart!

After you get done knocking that route out you can come get 45 off of me.

And after you blow thru his 45...I got 30 for you, and do me a favor and take my pickups back too...I won't make it back in time...thanks bud.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
The latest thing at our center is getting all the preload sups to sort cars between when the preload is done and when the drivers report to cut back on misloads.