1 in 4 women have abortions? Wow.

newolddude

Did you ask forgiveness for supporting murdering babies?
Yes. And He forgave me because that how we roll.

But I also know that the Bible was written by men and is a flawed book.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

New International Version

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a]of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.​

El Correcto

god is dead
Nope, marriage can't be seen as a privilege because tax reasons. That's putting the cart before the horse. Marriage would fall under all three, because the point of a marriage is to provide a stable situation through which survival becomes easier, and cradle to grave needs can be taken care of. The tax benefits awarded to married couples would be seen as the privelege, which is earned when married couples provide the benefit to society of helping create and raise the next generation. You can argue that the 14th amendment should affirm equal tax privileges for gay couples and straight couples, but the arguments can start going down rabbit holes from there.
Okay so the government shouldn’t be enshrining Christian values because they can’t be applied equally to all couples and it starts going down a rabbit hole real fast.
I agree with you on this.

BigGuy2732

Deuteronomy 22:28-29​

New International Version​

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a]of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.​

How is this flawed? It was the perfect solution to the problem. No man would have ever wanted the used goods of a raped woman (no man would even want a woman suspected of losing her virginity unless she was a widow). It remedied the situation.

vantexan

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

New International Version

And that was the Old Testament law. Not under that today.

vantexan

I'll ask for forgiveness within 24hours after you repay the department of health and human services the $107,000 it needless had to pay simply because you were too stubborn to buy health insurance but lectured the rest of us on the matter of personal responsibility.

Secondly, a number of states with the strictest abortion laws are also the states that refused to enroll in the ACA's federal Medicaid program. So if you, Wilber, DIDO/Union Strong etc reside in one of those states then when you go to church on Sunday you be damn sure to put in that collection plate a wad of cash big enough to choke a horse. Prenatal care, post natal care, food, clothing, housing, education that's all on you now.

So when Billy Joe Sixpack breeds Bobby Sue his 15 year old sister who has to carry the kid to term we'll see how many of Wilbur's Evangelical families are going to want that inbred kid. The fact that it is an inbred will be very difficult to hide.
Again, what did women do before your party came up with the nanny state? You've never seen someone else's money that you didn't want to spend for them. I have said over and over that social programs are fine as long as we can pay for them. Better hope your party's wild spending doesn't crash Social Security and Medicare. If you think pregnant women are in dire need wait until you have tens of millions of seniors with no income or healthcare.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Are you that dense?

Nobody in the foster system was there as an infant.
ALL of the infants and babies were adopted.
Those 410k come from degenerate and dead moms and dads who can't take care of their kids. That's what the foster system is.
I know someone who had babies as fosters. They love them. All of a sudden Dad decides he wants them back. And put them all through a year of hell. Parents rights. They are 4 yrs old now. Finally they are staying where they belong and being adopted. All the babies in foster care are not free to be adopted, sometimes it take years.

Up In Smoke

I see that Israel, in response to the Supreme Court ruling has further loosened abortion rights. The birthplace of our christian beliefs now allows abortions without government approval. Can we stop sending US dollars to this country already?

BigGuy2732

I see that Israel, in response to the Supreme Court ruling has further loosened abortion rights. The birthplace of our christian beliefs now allows abortions without government approval. Can we stop sending US dollars to this country already?
Who cares if they murdered Jesus Christ and continue to hate him more than any other group in the world? They're our greatest ally.

El Correcto

god is dead
Israel kills lots of muslim homophobes who kill gays.
I stand with Israel and the Jews, keep bombing them to death.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Okay so the government shouldn’t be enshrining Christian values because they can’t be applied equally to all couples and it starts going down a rabbit hole real fast.
I agree with you on this.

I hate the idea of Christians legislating morality just as much as secular atheists trying to legislate whatever they have that passes for morality. Even when your moral code has been proven to be in the best interest of a properly functioning society, it still can't be forced onto people.

The trick is to create a system of law and order that is based on moral order without forcing morality. A social contract in which everyone recognizes that everyone has equal rights, and everyone is entitled to the same protection of those rights. From that foundation, logic can form the basis by which law is legitimized, thus helping to ensure, not provide for, the physical well-being of every member of the society. Morality is not the purview of the state, the right and power to pursue morality and spiritual well-being is retained by the people as an individual endeavor, as it must be. We must all be free to make our own mistakes and learn and grow from them, and perhaps eventually answer to whatever cosmic force may exist with dignity and ownership of our deeds.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How is this flawed? It was the perfect solution to the problem. No man would have ever wanted the used goods of a raped woman (no man would even want a woman suspected of losing her virginity unless she was a widow). It remedied the situation.

I think it was more a matter of a man being forced to raise another man's child as his own. Blood lines were a very important part of the Hebrew world view.

newolddude

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Yes, the Old Testament is unlivable today. Crop rotation, blended fabrics etc are all sins.

I believe that there were some “baby killing” cults
around in the Old Testament ...much like today...

Jesus would of never mentioned abortions..I was unthinkable that any women at that time would ever do it....just plain unnatural 🚫...

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The universal amount of unhinging this has caused is gloriously entertaining. And truly eye-opening to be honest.

Gotta Go

8BCC0949-80DB-4063-9D18-D6A7C7C8E876.jpeg