1 in 4 women have abortions? Wow.

BigGuy2732

Good article here by Sailer, explains how Roe got passed in the first place. It was an ethnic Protestant response to Catholics rapidly outbreeding htem.

"my guess is that Roe v. Wade was seen, consciously or unconsciously, by pro-abortion Republican justices as sort of Culture War response by low birthrate Protestant Republicans against highly fertile Roman Catholic Democrats whose Pope opposed contraception: legalized abortion was seen by them as contraception for Catholics too backward to use contraception"

wilberforce15

Good article here by Sailer, explains how Roe got passed in the first place. It was an ethnic Protestant response to Catholics rapidly outbreeding htem.

"my guess is that Roe v. Wade was seen, consciously or unconsciously, by pro-abortion Republican justices as sort of Culture War response by low birthrate Protestant Republicans against highly fertile Roman Catholic Democrats whose Pope opposed contraception: legalized abortion was seen by them as contraception for Catholics too backward to use contraception"
That may be the dumbest thing Sailer has ever said.

oldngray

nowhere special

what is an "ethnic Protestant"?

vantexan

Approximately 5% of rapes lead to pregnancy. Around 30,000-35,000 a year.

At least I’m not on the side who thinks women should just lie back and enjoy it or deserve rape because of their actions.
No one "deserves" rape but if an attractive woman wears skin tight clothes she may be putting herself at risk. I've seen women walk around in spandex or similar that look like they're naked. Most men are only going to think things but it only takes the one who acts on his thoughts. Hard to fathom why anyone would think the woman bears no responsibility.

wilberforce15

It's clearly a very ignorant Catholic writing.

3 Presbyterians (on the PCUSA side of the split, not the PCA). 2 Episcopalians. And a Methodist.
You're going to get a flaming liberal pro-Roe decision from that in 1973 because those are all flaming liberal denominations in 1973.

It's really as simple as that. Those justices didn't have any protestant identity, otherwise they'd have upheld some semblance of protestant doctrine or morality. They deconstructed protestant social morality every bit as deeply as they deconstructed their own denominational doctrinal commitments.

It's a joke to even think that they cared about Catholics. It takes a very ignorant catholic to write that stupid article. Catholics are like Jews and children - they always think everything is really about them. It's not.

There was nothing historically christian or protestant about any of those judges before the decision, or after it, and yet somehow they're making a partisan Christian judgment in Roe?

It really is unfathomably stupid.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Simply ridiculous and ignorant. Laughable really. Did you ever get past kindergarten?

oldngray

nowhere special

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Maybe the doctrine of papal infallibility applies
"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Matthew 16:19
As I understand it the Pope takes ultimate responsibility and answers only to God. Although I believe personally that Pelosi is guilty of the sin of murder herself as if she preformed the abortions herself.

Gotta Go

32FD2969-F232-41FE-A628-7EB162B4CE9E.jpeg