1 in 4 women have abortions? Wow.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Republican vs Democrat is about the administrative state. One wants to build it, one wants to dismantle it. Ask yourself as a wage slave which works better for you. Reactionary cuckservatives vote on their feelings like a bunch of hysterical women.

Box Ox

Dude, overturning Roe v Wade is not activist?

Constitutional originalism doesn't seem inherently activist to me. Making up "constitutional rights" as you go seems like something that very well could be.

I do wonder if Clarence Thomas might have to divorce his wife if the conservative majority sticks to its originalist stance and overturns Loving v Virginia.

you’re not a serious person

Went from based Libertarian to Ben Shapiro

Sounds like an upgrade to me.

baklava

Constitutional originalism doesn't seem inherently activist to me. Making up "constitutional rights" as you go seems like something that very well could be.

I do wonder if Clarence Thomas might have to divorce his wife if the conservative majority sticks to its originalist stance and overturns Loving v Virginia.

Sounds like an upgrade to me.
It’s the right to privacy. And it was law of the land for almost 50 years. Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and ACB were appointed specifically to overturn Roe v Wade. They’re activist judges.

baklava

Roe v Wade was an activist decision.
Overturning it is not.
I feel silly engaging with you cuz I know you’re not serious but your troll opinion represents the consensus here so I do it anyway.

Roe v Wade was law of the land for more than two generations. Overturning it is the definition of activist.

baklava

Overturning an activist decision is activist?
Lol, okay if you say so.
Deal with it.
I don’t have to deal with it, I’m a male. It’s the women in ass-backwards theocratic red states that have to deal with it. And probably the men they have sex with. I guess it’s not a problem if you’re not into heterosexual intercourse. Sounds about right for conservatives that love to worship half-naked Jesus from their knees

Box Ox

It’s the right to privacy. And it was law of the land for almost 50 years. Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and ACB were appointed specifically to overturn Roe v Wade. They’re activist judges.

What Ruth Bader Ginsburg really said about Roe v. Wade - The Washington Post

"Ginsburg’s other main problem with Roe was that it was based upon the right to privacy rather than the right to equal protection — she felt the latter would have left it more insulated from challenges. Ginsburg herself had worked on such a case around the time Roe was decided, but it was ultimately dismissed as moot when the military changed the relevant policy. In nominating Ginsburg, President Bill Clinton called her thoughts on this matter a “very provocative and impressive argument.”

Roe isn’t really about the woman’s choice, is it?” Ginsburg said in a 2013 event at the University of Chicago. “It’s about the doctor’s freedom to practice. … It wasn’t woman-centered, it was physician-centered.”

Ginsburg united these criticisms as early as 1984, saying in a speech at the University of North Carolina that Roe ventured too far in the change it ordered and presented an incomplete justification for its action.”

Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and ACB were appointed specifically to overturn Roe v Wade. They’re activist judges.
Roe v Wade was law of the land for more than two generations. Overturning it is the definition of activist.

I think the conservatives simply gained the votes necessary to agree with Ginsburg that Roe was a very sloppy decision in the first place.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don’t have to deal with it, I’m a male. It’s the women in ass-backwards theocratic red states that have to deal with it. And probably the men they have sex with. I guess it’s not a problem if you’re not into heterosexual intercourse. Sounds about right for conservatives that love to worship half-naked Jesus from their knees
So in order to defend murdering babies, you need to try to insult me by inferring I'm gay.

Man, you people are all twisted up in the head.
I hope you manage to discover basic human morality at some point in your life buddy.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

"Ginsburg’s other main problem with Roe was that it was based upon the right to privacy rather than the right to equal protection — she felt the latter would have left it more insulated from challenges. Ginsburg herself had worked on such a case around the time Roe was decided, but it was ultimately dismissed as moot when the military changed the relevant policy. In nominating Ginsburg, President Bill Clinton called her thoughts on this matter a “very provocative and impressive argument.”

Roe isn’t really about the woman’s choice, is it?” Ginsburg said in a 2013 event at the University of Chicago. “It’s about the doctor’s freedom to practice. … It wasn’t woman-centered, it was physician-centered.”

Ginsburg united these criticisms as early as 1984, saying in a speech at the University of North Carolina that Roe ventured too far in the change it ordered and presented an incomplete justification for its action.”

I think the conservatives simply gained the votes necessary to agree with Ginsburg that Roe was a very sloppy decision in the first place.
The decision was based on nothing constitutional. By the left wings definition, it was made by an extremist court.

baklava

Whats the problem with Roe being about privacy?

baklava

Like the morality of not supporting the murder if babies. Something oddly enough you haven't even attempted to do.

SoI'll give you a chance:

Explain to me why you're okay with crushing a baby's skull and vacuuming it's brains out.
Be specific.
When it’s unborn and going to die or be a brain-dead vegetable anyway

Box Ox

Whats the problem with Roe being about privacy?

I'm not sure there's a constitutional right to it. And while I might not like when decisions that were based on a "right to privacy" are overturned on the grounds that they aren't constitutionally based, I don't feel I can argue that sticking to the constitution makes a conservative judge an activist.