1 in 4 women have abortions? Wow.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I'm not sure there's a constitutional right to it. And while I might not like when decisions that were based on a "right to privacy" are overturned on the grounds that they aren't constitutionally based, I don't feel I can argue that sticking to the constitution makes a conservative judge an activist.
Do you and your wife have a constitutional right to anal night?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I'm not sure there's a constitutional right to it. And while I might not like when decisions that were based on a "right to privacy" are overturned on the grounds that they weren't constitutionally based, I don't feel I can argue that sticking to the constitution makes a conservative judge an activist.
No where in the constitution does it guarantee a right to privacy.

baklava

Not into anal personally but that is one such potential decision I'm referring to that I wouldn't like.
I did not mean any offense by this, just saying you are entitled to privacy in your bedroom, anybody that argues against that is UNAMERICAN, and you call ME the commie. :censored2:!

baklava

So you only support abortion when the baby won't survive or will be braindead?

No, you're just deflecting.
Don't be a coward, answer the question:
There’s a trimester standard. Not my problem, I’m a man. I don’t support abortion, I support a woman’s right to choose. Abortion isn’t my decision or my problem.

Box Ox

Not into anal personally but that is one such potential decision I'm referring to that I wouldn't like.
I did not mean any offense by this, just saying you are entitled to privacy in your bedroom, anybody that argues against that is UNAMERICAN, and you call ME the commie. :censored2:!

No offense taken at all. Sounds like anal is really big with the young folks these days. In some southern states oral sex has also historically been considered sodomy and could potentially return to its former legal status.

I agree with you that everyone is entitled to privacy in the bedroom. Which is why I wouldn't like a decision that goes against that. I just don't think it'd be activist for a judge or justice to say that privacy in the bedroom isn't in the Constitution.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not my problem, I’m a man. I don’t support abortion, I support a woman’s right to choose. Abortion isn’t my decision or my problem.
So you're okay with people killing babies as long as you're not involved?

Are you okay with all human beings as fair game for murder, or just the young ones?

Box Ox

I don’t support abortion, I support a woman’s right to choose.
You don't support abortion but you support the euphemism for it?
You never nuanced before, bro?

I don't like to make up my own meanings for the text I'm reading. Soooooo.....maybe not?

So you're okay with people killing babies as long as you're not involved?
Murder is a legal standard based on evidence.

Well what's abortion going to be considered in many states now that Roe has been overturned? I honestly haven't read up on the particulars of that since the Dobbs v Jackson decision.

baklava

Hella easy to sw
I don't like to make up my own meanings for the text I'm reading. Soooooo.....maybe not?

Well what's abortion going to be considered in many states now that Roe has been overturned? I honestly haven't read up on the particulars of that since the Dobbs v Jackson decision.
It’s not that complicated.

Roe granted a national freedom for women to decide what to do with their pregnancies

There was trimester standard determining legality and ethicacy of abortions.

The end of Roe means less freedom for women.

Box Ox

Indeed.

Roe granted a national freedom for women to decide what to do with their pregnancies

To kill their babies based on a supposed constitutional right to privacy. Even Ginsburg wasn’t comfortable with that.

To kill their babies in some states. Indeed.

I don’t know enough about this. Are you saying something to the effect of: if one looks into it they’ll find that the vast majority of third trimester abortions are carried out because the woman’s (birthing/menstruating person’s?) life was at risk at the time? I could understand that.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Hella easy to sw

No.
It means they will have to drive to California, New York, or Illinois if the want to kill their baby while in labor at 9 months.

Box Ox

No.
It means they will have to drive to California, New York, or Illinois if the want to kill their baby while in labor at 9 months.

The thing that really gets me is that the left would never simply agree to enforce the same level of abortion restrictions that are currently in place in the vast majority of European countries that the left so often talks about admiring so much. In those countries abortion is (if not outright illegal) illegal after maybe 10-15 weeks into the pregnancy.

That’s the kind of science-based non-Bible slapping stuff we atheist moderates could really get behind. But the left just couldn’t do it.

baklava

Indeed.

To kill their babies based on a supposed constitutional right to privacy. Even Ginsburg wasn’t comfortable with that.

To kill their babies in some states. Indeed.

I don’t know enough about this. Are you saying something to the effect of: if one looks into it they’ll find that the vast majority of third trimester abortions are carried out because the woman’s (birthing/menstruating person’s?) life was at risk at the time? I could understand that.
You’re at least reachable. Keep reading I guess.
No.
You’re silly and unserious.
That’s the kind of non-Bible slapper stuff we atheist moderates could really get behind. But the left just can’t do it.
Just admit what you are then.