1 in 4 women have abortions? Wow.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Only in this case government is now saying that a woman cannot take care of her body including her uterus in the manner she chooses. And you have the arrogance to use the hammer of law to compel a woman to make only those decisions that are pleasing to you.

The law is there to protect our rights, even those of us whose existence may be inconvenient to the others. People making this a "womens rights" issue are liars. It's not about what pleases me, it's about everyone's self-evident right to life. If we can't justify the right of the most helpless and defenseless among us to live, we can't morally justify anything. How anyone can cry crocodile tears about not getting to murder babies is beyond me. It's shear depravity.

Up In Smoke

Being pro-life, my question is, do we continue to send money to Israel. One of only a hand full of government funded abortion countries in the world. Please tell me that we can stop befriending this horrific country.

bacha29

Serious question: "When does life begin?"
Well, since you have appointed your self the arbiter of that question despite the fact you obviously lack both a medical and a juris degree let's hear your all encompassing ruling on the matter. As well as what you basing your ruling on.

wilberforce15

They are still wards of the state and have to be publicly supported . So now do you want more of them? That number is almost certain to grow and they are NOT all the bad kids you stand they and brand them as being.
There won't be more of them. There are a dozen couples waiting for every baby needing adoption.

wilberforce15

Only in this case government is now saying that a woman cannot take care of her body including her uterus in the manner she chooses. And you have the arrogance to use the hammer of law to compel a woman to make only those decisions that are pleasing to you.
She can do a lot with her uterus. She just can't kill the person living in it.

bacha29

The law is there to protect our rights, even those of us whose existence may be inconvenient to the others. People making this a "womens rights" issue are liars. It's not about what pleases me, it's about everyone's self-evident right to life. If we can't justify the right of the most helpless and defenseless among us to live, we can't morally justify anything. How anyone can cry crocodile tears about not getting to murder babies is beyond me. It's shear depravity.
Just exactly who in your opinion is "our" when it comes to those who are entitled to certain rights under the law? Obviously you believe that it does not include women and that they are to be automatically relegated to second class citizen status for no other reason than their gender. Well pal, this is 2022 not 1922 and today's women have education, careers, money and power and they are NOT going to be relegated to the second class citizenship that you in your self righteous moral might believe they should be relegated to.
As was astutely pointed out earlier America is the only industrialized nation with no universal healthcare. Therefore as long as this nation has no federally mandated employer paid family. medical and maternity leave and no universal healthcare then as long as that kid in that woman is not yours then you stay the hell out of it and let parties rightfully involved in the matter make their own decisions as they are entitled to without outside meddling.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yup.

I Catholic and personally Pro Life. If there was never another abortion I would be happy. But I’m also realistic.

The problem with Conservatives is they want all babies born but then don’t want to pay the burden. They also don’t want to assist with pregnancy prevention.

Birth control should be extremely cheap or free. Well mother care for pregnant women should be a main principle. Adoptions should be facilitated and easier. Maternal and paternal leave should be greatly expanded. WIC and other public assistance for poor mothers should be expanded.

I know what the response will be.
Agreed.

Integrity

Binge Poster
'Yesterday this court said that the individual right to bear arms which was decided just 15 years ago is an inviolable fundamental right which means states cannot infringe the right to carry a gun anywhere, any time. The right to abortion, which has been in place for 50 years, was just overturned and sent back to the states because it’s just not as fundamental as the God-given right to shoot up elementary schools."

Digby
Interesting post.

wilberforce15

Just exactly who in your opinion is "our" when it comes to those who are entitled to certain rights under the law? Obviously you believe that it does not include women and that they are to be automatically relegated to second class citizen status for no other reason than their gender. Well pal, this is 2022 not 1922 and today's women have education, careers, money and power and they are NOT going to be relegated to the second class citizenship that you in your self righteous moral might believe they should be relegated to.
As was astutely pointed out earlier America is the only industrialized nation with no universal healthcare. Therefore as long as this nation has no federally mandated employer paid family. medical and maternity leave and no universal healthcare then as long as that kid in that woman is not yours then you stay the hell out of it and let parties rightfully involved in the matter make their own decisions as they are entitled to without outside meddling.
Women are totally equal.
Men shouldn't murder their kids. And women shouldn't murder their kids.

bacha29

She can do a lot with her uterus. She just can't kill the person living in it.
Another person with no medical or juris degree who has appointed himself the moral arbiter who will make decisions for a couple you don't even know. And a person who has offered no willingness to help with the task of providing any and all additional public support in the likely event that CYS caseload will continue to grow. Across the nation there were demonstrations today not only by pro choice people but by CYS social workers over the issue of case overload, understaffing and low pay. As was pointed out in one county minimum required staffing level calls for 36 caseworkers. They have 12. Job in the final year of the current 5 year contract will pay 41K trouble is the final year is 3 years away. And who in the hell will take a job like that for that kind of money when it requires a 4 year college degree. And don't give me that BS about more adopting families than there are kids. Last year in my state there were more than 14,000 kids in foster care waiting for adoption Want to know how many were adopted? 2050. if this BS about more families wanting to adopt then there are kids then those 12,000 would not be in foster care because they would obviously have been adopted.

wilberforce15

Another person with no medical or juris degree who has appointed himself the moral arbiter who will make decisions for a couple you don't even know. And a person who has offered no willingness to help with the task of providing any and all additional public support in the likely event that CYS caseload will continue to grow. Across the nation there were demonstrations today not only by pro choice people but by CYS social workers over the issue of case overload, understaffing and low pay. As was pointed out in one county minimum required staffing level calls for 36 caseworkers. They have 12. Job in the final year of the current 5 year contract will pay 41K trouble is the final year is 3 years away. And who in the hell will take a job like that for that kind of money when it requires a 4 year college degree. And don't give me that BS about more adopting families than there are kids. Last year in my state there were more than 14,000 kids in foster care waiting for adoption Want to know how many were adopted? 2050. if this BS about more families wanting to adopt then there are kids then those 12,000 would not be in foster care because they would obviously have been adopted.
Yes, I am perfectly willing to make decisions for other people, like that they are not allowed to murder their kids.

You still seem not to know what foster care is.

Like, you literally don't even know a one-sentence definition of it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just exactly who in your opinion is "our" when it comes to those who are entitled to certain rights under the law?

Why are you making this difficult. It isn't. Our is everyone, the right we are all entitles to is life. Stop trying to justify baby milkshakes.

Obviously you believe that it does not include women and that they are to be automatically relegated to second class citizen status for no other reason than their gender.

I can justify by right and law much more easily and morally a woman carrying her child to term than you can baby milkshakes.

Well pal, this is 2022 not 1922 and today's women have education, careers, money and power and they are NOT going to be relegated to the second class citizenship that you in your self righteous moral might believe they should be relegated to.
I get really excited when others tell me that I believe their idiotic versions of what they think I believe. Tell me more.

Stop expecting the government to solve any problems. Take responsibility for your actions, and expect others to as well. Care for those who can't care for themselves. I don't know what else to tell you, except maybe stop complicating everything.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Well, since you have appointed your self the arbiter of that question despite the fact you obviously lack both a medical and a juris degree let's hear your all encompassing ruling on the matter. As well as what you basing your ruling on.

And you do?...You never answered the question...let's keep it simple;

Select:

a. At conception

b. After Birth

c. I haven't a clue