1 in 4 women have abortions? Wow.

Box Ox

There isn’t. That is Clarence Thomas’s take on substantive due process and it is a reasonable one. The man finds laws regarding these matters dumb and out of purview of the court. The Supreme Court only deals in matters of the constitution, substantive due process has been used to turn it into a legislative body basically.

It was the left who politicized the Supreme Court on these issues, now they are upset that process is being undone and the court is doing what it was originally intended to do. These issues should be taken up by the state and federal legislators then approved by the executive branch.

I agree.

Would the issue of interracial marriage be different from that of gay marriage when it comes to substantive due process?

rickyb

I agree.

Would the issue of interracial marriage be different from that of gay marriage when it comes to substantive due process?
if opneeds is pregnant and shes sick and cant work for extended periods of time, how many days does the govt pay her for being pregnant and sick?

oldngray

nowhere special
There isn’t. That is Clarence Thomas’s take on substantive due process and it is a reasonable one. The man finds laws regarding these matters dumb and out of purview of the court. The Supreme Court only deals in matters of the constitution, substantive due process has been used to turn it into a legislative body basically.

It was the left who politicized the Supreme Court on these issues, now they are upset that process is being undone and the court is doing what it was originally intended to do. These issues should be taken up by the state and federal legislators then approved by the executive branch.
To the leftists judicial activism is OK. But let a judge follow the law as written they typically freak out.

El Correcto

god is dead
I agree.

Clarence Thomas arrives at hating substantive due process through an originalist perspective. But I believe he also views it’s roots as coming from the white supremacists Supreme Courts of slavery and the confederacy. He views it the same way those men read white supremacy into the constitution and dehumanized blacks in their rulings to keep them from equal rights, which was a very political take during a polarized time between abolitionists and slavers.

I could be mistaken I’m still learning about his perspective.

oldngray

nowhere special
Clarence Thomas arrives at hating substantive due process through an originalist perspective. But I believe he also views it’s roots as coming from the white supremacists Supreme Courts of slavery and the confederacy. He views it the same way those men read white supremacy into the constitution and dehumanized blacks in their rulings to keep them from equal rights, which was a very political take during a polarized time between abolitionists and slavers.

I could be mistaken I’m still learning about his perspective.
Originalists follow the original Constitution but they also follow what later Amendments say. They are absolutely against legislating from the bench.

El Correcto

god is dead
Originalists follow the original Constitution but they also follow what later Amendments say. They are absolutely against legislating from the bench.
Yes but there is a reason they arrive at being originalist and why they view it as important to do that. That’s what I was trying to find out more about Clarence Thomas, what he views of America are, it’s history, what shaped him into an originalist.

El Correcto

god is dead
It is a little weird for a black man who loved Malcom X to end up being a darling of white Christian America while serving on the scotus.
Worth learning a bit more than just what he is, a little why is fun to.

rickyb

1656182316240.png

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Let's be honest: it's mostly about Trump. Action Joe said it himself.

It's not about Clarence Thomas or the leak or due process or whatever.

In the minds of Democrats, an illegitimate President appointed 3 justices who are therefore illegitimate themselves who in turn illegitimately overturned Roe v. Wade.

The legacy of Trump looms over the country and the Democrats will never tolerate it. Things will get nasty in this country by November. Our nation is deeply divided and sitting on a powder keg and the overturn was the lit match.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Let's be honest: it's mostly about Trump. Action Joe said it himself.

It's not about Clarence Thomas or the leak or due process or whatever.

In the minds of Democrats, an illegitimate President appointed 3 justices who are therefore illegitimate themselves who in turn illegitimately overturned Roe v. Wade.

The legacy of Trump looms over the country and the Democrats will never tolerate it. Things will get nasty in this country by November. Our nation is deeply divided and sitting on a powder keg and the overturn was the lit match.
good, good

oldngray

nowhere special

rickyb

ranting from someone left of liberals?
is it true or not?
1656182547300.png

oldngray

nowhere special
is it true or not?
View attachment 389645
Not

The government is doing many of those things but not because of judges

rickyb

Not

The government is doing many of those things but not because of judges
hedges sued and the courts ruled "if the govt was spying on you it would tell you" LOL

1656182756223.png