10 step pay raises

vantexan

WRONG answer. Nothing was ever taken back that was already given. Future money was deposited into another plan. NO money that was already in anyone's account was taken away. People have speculated on this post that they are fearful that the company will give a raise and or a step increase, then take it back. You said that has happened in the past. Yet that simply isn't true. We never had a salary decrease like corporate did and NO money already in any account was taken back. Just like no raise previously given was ever taken back.
I never said any such thing. You can't seem to realize they gave us a choice and took that choice away. Which resulted in our being placed into an inferior plan. And I have never said they decreased our pay, only that we got 2% raises for a number of years, one year no raise, while topped out couriers got 3% on higher pay and were pulling away from us. Those are facts, indisputable.

Oldfart

They eliminated further pension activity and replaced it with another account. The didn't take anything away that you already had. So you believe you can see a raise and step increase on a future check and are fearful that it will be taken away?

So when you said "not so" when I said they didn't take away money that was already deposited in anyone's account and no balances decreased in anyone's account. You were saying what?

vantexan

They eliminated further pension activity and replaced it with another account. The didn't take anything away that you already had. So you believe you can see a raise and step increase on a future check and are fearful that it will be taken away?
You said they didn't take anything away that you already had. Not so. They took away the traditional pension after telling us we could choose to remain in it.

SmithBarney

Your Average FT CRR with 10yrs has about 20k in the Pension plan... don't count on retiring on that kiddo! save for your self, maximize 401k(after tax when possible) Get a financial planner, who can once a year or more guide you to help invest wisely.

As for raises, saw the original email, it just said expect 3% raises(nothing about who or what step) and the chart wasn't ready yet... who knows after the screwing most people receive, get ready again. Doesn't make sense why they would at 3% to the top if they are trying to "save" money giving more to the top(typically the oldest/slowest/more prone to injury) <- these are from stats not opinions. But then again nobody understands WTF X is doing half the time.

Maui

The original said 3% for non-step hourly positions. Hourly step moves to the next step. Step 10 is increasing 3%---so those moving from Step 9 go to the NEW Step 10. Nothing about any other step changing.

So expect a move to the next step if you're are not a topped-out courier. 3% if you are topped out or a handler/material handler. Nothing more. Nothing less.

MAKAVELI

The original said 3% for non-step hourly positions. Hourly step moves to the next step. Step 10 is increasing 3%---so those moving from Step 9 go to the NEW Step 10. Nothing about any other step changing.

So expect a move to the next step if you're are not a topped-out courier. 3% if you are topped out or a handler/material handler. Nothing more. Nothing less.
You do realize why they haven't released the chart don't you?

Oldfart

You said they didn't take anything away that you already had. Not so. They took away the traditional pension after telling us we could choose to remain in it.
Once again. What money that was previously in ANY account did they take away? NONE. I said they have never taken money away. They have not taken back any money deposited in any account and they have not taken back ANY raise or in this case, any step advancement. Someone suggested the company might give a step and % raise, then come take it back. I say something along that line has never happened in the past. You said it previously has. Give me an example where an account or a pay scale had a certain amount in it 1 day and the next day the company had removed funds or had take money back from you. Eliminating a certain pension plan did not remove funds that you previously had in your account. The future funds were just deposited into another plan. No money left your account just like I suggest if we are given a step increase and a % raise, the company will not come back in November and take it back.

Sure they have taken away benefits but not raises or money in your retirement.

vantexan

Once again. What money that was previously in ANY account did they take away? NONE. I said they have never taken money away. They have not taken back any money deposited in any account and they have not taken back ANY raise or in this case, any step advancement. Someone suggested the company might give a step and % raise, then come take it back. I say something along that line has never happened in the past. You said it previously has. Give me an example where an account or a pay scale had a certain amount in it 1 day and the next day the company had removed funds or had take money back from you. Eliminating a certain pension plan did not remove funds that you previously had in your account. The future funds were just deposited into another plan. No money left your account just like I suggest if we are given a step increase and a % raise, the company will not come back in November and take it back.

Once again, I quoted what you said. As for money taken away, we got less with the switch. You appear to be suggesting FedEx didn't do us any wrong. Not so.

fedex_rtd

When was the last time you saw a second, third, or split shift pay in your check??? Yeh I thought so...I remember that year when we got a nice raise, only to have the company TAKE AWAY shift PAY a few weeks latter. Some of my fellow drivers that make runs to the ramps and hubs at night actually saw LESS in their checks after that TAKE AWAY.

Now you have been talking about the pension, how many of you actually did the math??? The portable plan pays way, way less than the traditional plan did. The only way you can make up a portion of the take away is to max out your 401k contributions, that is $18,000 per year out of YOUR spendable income, and if your over 50 that's an additional $6000 How many FedEx employees do you think can actually afford to make these types of contributions to their 401k program???

Old fart is NOT looking at the big picture on retirement, like most Americans he is only looking at the here and now, and he is trying to defend the company, at the expense of his fellow coworkers.

!Retired!

Once again, I quoted what you said. As for money taken away, we got less with the switch. You appear to be suggesting FedEx didn't do us any wrong. Not so.
I think you're misunderstanding what oldfart is saying and I think he's misunderstanding you. This is the way I read what you're both saying:
oldfart: Money was put in the traditional pension. When FedEx switched to the portable pension, the money in the traditional wasn't touched. They didn't take anything away.
vantexan: When FedEx switched to the portable, the payout is less than the traditional. Therefore, FedEx took away money we would have gotten if they stayed with the traditional.

Did I interpret those 2 correctly?

SmithBarney

Old fart is NOT looking at the big picture on retirement, like most Americans he is only looking at the here and now, and he is trying to defend the company, at the expense of his fellow coworkers.

I have OF blocked, but you just have to remember Old fart worked/works for a different FDX, he started when the company cared(or at least was invested in the employees)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
IMG_1207.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG

I wonder what their starting pay will be? There were piles of these cards on tables in our break room.

SmithBarney

View attachment 157453 View attachment 157454

I wonder what their starting pay will be? There were piles of these cards on tables in our break room.

Says right on it "Great Starting Salary" and that right there says enough.. Starts off Great...ends up...in 10-20years...

We have these permanently in our checkin room, they even have a special holder for them right over the time clock... we are always short handed.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Says right on it "Great Starting Salary" and that right there says enough.. Starts off Great...ends up...in 10-20years...

We have these permanently in our checkin room, they even have a special holder for them right over the time clock... we are always short handed.
We are too. I heard on Friday that we have 12 open PM routes. Lol.