10 step pay raises

vantexan

Sorry. I didn't notice. I was too busy living the good life, getting treated like a king. We have employee valet parking, a bathroom attendant, happy hour every Friday and Hooters girls working in the check-in room.
Well no wonder you love the company so much!

Maui

There are many areas I disagree with Van, but he has always seemed like an honest broker. He is pretty transparent and straightforward.

I worked 55+ hours and went to school full-time. I was young and had no responsibilities. Even though I did it years ago, it is very difficult to imagine now with a family and more responsibility.

Oldfart

I just don't understand why people have a problem with what van is doing. He's living his live the way he wants to live it.

If living in Mexico for a year before jetting off to Europe is his way of living the life, why would anyone care? It's his life.

I say good on him for doing what he wants to do. It may not be my plan for retirement but good on him for take the chance and doing what makes him happy.
Have no problem with him living in Mexico. Better them than us having to be his neighbor. It's his inability to tell the truth. One untruth after another. His sad stories are either untrue or if true, self inflicted. If he was as miserable at work as he is on here, I surprised he wasn't shot by friendly fire on the sort.

dezguy

Have no problem with him living in Mexico. Better them than us having to be his neighbor. It's his inability to tell the truth. One untruth after another. His sad stories are either untrue or if true, self inflicted. If he was as miserable at work as he is on here, I surprised he wasn't shot by friendly fire on the sort.
Why? Why does everything have to be an attempt to bait someone into an argument or a troll job with you?

You've worked at one location your whole career, yet you tell him he's a liar.

I don't get you, dude.

vantexan

I can assure you when the time comes it wont be sitting in a café staring at a computer screen, We like to travel have a cabin in the mountains (w/ no internet or cable tv, enjoy boating on the lake. A little fishing, sitting on the beach... time with family and friends
That's just it, the assumptions made about what I do with my time. And good for you that you're able to do all of that. It was getting painful getting out of bed for me with my knees and nerve pain in my feet. I had to do something different. The only way I could afford to do this was by taking an accelerated pension, that goes down to almost nothing in 12 years. No cabin on a lake, no boat. This is the best I could come up with and I'm going to Europe because my wife doesn't want to live in Mexico. All these people being critical have better options. This is where I'm at and I'm going to defend it because of the sneers. Says more about them as people than living in Mexico says about me. But ultimately I'm free, would never go back. And I think that grinds on them.

vantexan

Nothing like having a Hooters girl handle your equipment in the check-in room. It can be very inspiring.
You know, I voted for Trump primarily because I'd lose a limb before voting for Hillary. But let's face it, that smug looking picture of him so represents you and your values. The Republicans should be ashamed of having nominated him. We could have done so much better.

Oldfart

Why? Why does everything have to be an attempt to bait someone into an argument or a troll job with you?

You've worked at one location your whole career, yet you tell him he's a liar.

I don't get you, dude.
He has been caught telling so many untruths. EVERYONE screwed him, lied to him and did him wrong. Does anyone but me think he deserved every bad thing that happened to him. Half his claims aren't true because he has contradicted himself on many occasions.

Oldfart

You know, I voted for Trump primarily because I'd lose a limb before voting for Hillary. But let's face it, that smug looking picture of him so represents you and your values. The Republicans should be ashamed of having nominated him. We could have done so much better.
LOL You blame the people that nominated him, yet you voted for him. Doesn't say much for your intelligence. There were more than 2 people on the ballot.

vantexan

Everything I've said is true. You'd rather smear me than admit you work for an exploitative company. So be it. But rest assured of this. As a courier I could run circles around you. You're all hat and no cattle.

vantexan

LOL You blame the people that nominated him, yet you voted for him. Doesn't say much for your intelligence. There were more than 2 people on the ballot.
Who was I supposed to vote for, Jill Stein? I was so worried about Hillary that I had to vote Republican. I sure didn't vote for him in the primary though. What a narcissistic gasbag.

vantexan

He has been caught telling so many untruths. EVERYONE screwed him, lied to him and did him wrong. Does anyone but me think he deserved every bad thing that happened to him. Half his claims aren't true because he has contradicted himself on many occasions.
Name the untruths? Come on big talker, name them. You didn't even know the kind of raises we were getting. And your answer to your lack of knowledge is to call people liars. Captain Oblivious!

Oldfart

Everything I've said is true. You'd rather smear me than admit you work for an exploitative company. So be it. But rest assured of this. As a courier I could run circles around you. You're all hat and no cattle.
Yep. You ran 45 sph and 199% onroad. But I made more money and it kills you. Bummer.

dezguy

Where? I read these forums nearly every day and I've yet to see anyone prove that anyone has lied, other than saying you lied.

That is hardly proof.

Oldfart

Where? I read these forums nearly every day and I've yet to see anyone prove that anyone has lied, other than saying you lied.

That is hardly proof.
He said he got 6.5% raises based on his reviews. Then he complained that he had to work for years around people that made more than him AND got bigger raises. Topped out people never got 6.5% raises. One of many lies.

vantexan

Yep. You ran 45 sph and 199% onroad. But I made more money and it kills you. Bummer.
Never said anything of the sort. Anyone going through this thread saw where I laid out the kind of raises we were getting, the promises broken. Your answer is to try to twist things and call me a liar. You have no knowledge of what was happening to many of your own coworkers at your station. And you don't care because you got yours. And I've said plenty of times that topped out employees deserve what they get. All I ever asked was that midrange employees get to enjoy the same pay in a reasonable amount of time. We had to settle for a lot less in spite of managers constantly telling us better pay was coming, the company is looking at it, you'll top out in 7-8 years. And I was in enough places around the country to know that the company was telling management to tell us this as it was all so similar everywhere I went. This is what the company was doing to midrange employees, not just me. Want to brag about how great the company is? I'll be right behind you saying great for some, not for others.

vantexan

He said he got 6.5% raises based on his reviews. Then he complained that he had to work for years around people that made more than him AND got bigger raises. Topped out people never got 6.5% raises. One of many lies.
Again twisting my words. They had a system in place giving up to 7% based on reviews. Then they decreased it. Then they went to 2% raises while giving topped out 3% raises. Your 3% was based on more money than my 2%, thus you got bigger raises and pulled away from us.

dezguy

So, you can prove this is not fact?

Oldfart

Never said anything of the sort. Anyone going through this thread saw where I laid out the kind of raises we were getting, the promises broken. Your answer is to try to twist things and call me a liar. You have no knowledge of what was happening to many of your own coworkers at your station. And you don't care because you got yours. And I've said plenty of times that topped out employees deserve what they get. All I ever asked was that midrange employees get to enjoy the same pay in a reasonable amount of time. We had to settle for a lot less in spite of managers constantly telling us better pay was coming, the company is looking at it, you'll top out in 7-8 years. And I was in enough places around the country to know that the company was telling management to tell us this as it was all so similar everywhere I went. This is what the company was doing to midrange employees, not just me. Want to brag about how great the company is? I'll be right behind you saying great for some, not for others.
Dude, I was making fun of you. I bet you only ran 40sph and 195%.

Oldfart

So, you can prove this is not fact?
Yep I never got a raise bigger than 6.5%. He said he did based on his review. Then he complained that he was forced to work around people that made more money AND got bigger raises. If I never got a raise bigger than 6.5% and he claimed he worked around topped out people that got bigger raises, that is a lie.