2020 Presidential Updates

oldngray

nowhere special
Think so? The named defendants are going to prove they've got the evidence and weren't just engaging in defamation? I imagine Dominion/its employees have suffered real harm in regard to both current and future business.

What does that have to do with Dominion?
Dominion has to open up their own records to prove the accusations were untrue. Burden of proof is on them.

Box Ox

Dominion has to open up their own records to prove the accusations were untrue. Burden of proof is on them.
That's not how defamation suits work. The defaming person or entity has to prove they've got the goods to back up what they're saying and aren't just causing unfounded harm to the reputation of the aggrieved party.

oldngray

nowhere special
That's not how defamation suits work. The defaming person or entity has to prove they've got the goods to back up what they're saying and aren't just causing unfounded harm to the reputation of the aggrieved party.
Nope. Dominion is the one bringing the lawsuit so the burden is on them to prove the claims false.

And the defendants have the right through discovery to examine Dominion's records to defend themselves.

Box Ox

Nope. Dominion is the one bringing the lawsuit so the burden is on them to prove the claims false.
Nope. Say I go on the evening news and claim you have a secret orangutan lover you regularly cheat on your wife with at the zoo. I say I have documents and all kinds of proof that it's true. But I never produce it. Your reputation is still harmed because a lot of people still believe it.

Now if you sue me for having ruined your reputation you don't have to produce evidence that you do not regularly cheat on your wife with an orangutan lover at the zoo. I have to produce evidence that you do.

oldngray

nowhere special
Nope. Say I go on the evening news and claim you have a secret orangutan lover you regularly cheat on your wife with at the zoo. I say I have documents and all kinds of proof that it's true. But I never produce it. Your reputation is still harmed because a lot of people still believe it.

Now if you sue me for having ruined your reputation you don't have to produce evidence that you do not regularly cheat on your wife with an orangutan lover at the zoo. I have to produce evidence that you do.
Dominion is saying the claims aren't true. The defendants have the right through discovery to examine Dominion internals (that they want to keep hidden from the light of day) to prove the claims were true.

And defamation has a very high bar to prove. Just because someone doesn't like what they hear doesn't mean its a case they can win.

Won't matter anyway since Dominion will drop it before it ever gets close to trial.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Proving your statements are true is generally an absolute defense, but defamation suits are not that straight forward. One such complication would be whether Dominion is considered a public figure or not. Another is if the statements made were presented as facts, or opinions/speculations based on the available information. And no, a headline from a CNN article is not enough evidence to prove defamation occured.

Box Ox

And no, a headline from a CNN article is not enough evidence to prove defamation occured.
I'm assuming Dominion has more evidence proving defamation has occurred than the Trump campaign, Rudy Giuliani, Trump adviser Sidney Powell, conservative media outlets One America News Network and Newsmax Media, the right-wing website Gateway Pundit, and Colorado businessman and activist Joseph Oltmann, among others have to prove that Dominion has been swinging election results.

Which is why right wing news networks have recently been tripping over themselves to recant their election fraud allegations. Dominion clearly has the upper hand here.

newfie

Facts About Dominion, Smartmatic You Should Know

"Since election day, various guests, attorneys and elected officials have appeared on Newsmax TV and offered opinions and claims about Smartmatic and Dominion Systems, both companies that offer voting software in the U.S.

Newsmax would like to clarify its news coverage and note it has not reported as true certain claims made about these companies.

There are several facts our viewers and readers should be aware. Newsmax has found no evidence either Dominion or Smartmatic owns the other, or has any business association with each other.

We have no evidence Dominion uses Smartmatic’s software or vice versa.

No evidence has been offered that Dominion or Smartmatic used software or reprogrammed software that manipulated votes in the 2020 election.

Smartmatic has stated its software was only used in the 2020 election in Los Angeles, and was not used in any battleground state contested by the Trump campaign and Newsmax has no evidence to the contrary.

Dominion has stated its company has no ownership relationship with the House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's family, Sen. Dianne Feinstein's family, the Clinton family, Hugo Chavez, or the government of Venezuela.

Neither Dominion nor Smartmatic has any relationship with George Soros.

Smartmatic is a U.S. company and not owned by the Venezuelan government, Hugo Chavez or any foreign official or entity.

Smartmatic states it has no operations in Venezuela. While the company did election projects in Venezuela from 2004 to 2017, it states it never was founded by Hugo Chavez, nor did it have a corrupt relationship with him or the Venezuelan government."
6000 votes were switched from trump to biden in one county. that needs to be investigated to see if it happened anywhere else. friend their feelings. there is no way you can tell me with a straight face that you would not want a full investigation if it happened to your candidate.

Up In Smoke

6000 votes were switched from trump to biden in one county. that needs to be investigated to see if it happened anywhere else. friend their feelings. there is no way you can tell me with a straight face that you would not want a full investigation if it happened to your candidate.
How many polling locations were involved in the switching problem?

Up In Smoke

no one knows they wont allow it be investigated
Each polling location (ward, district, ect.) is required to report certified vote totals to the county. These numbers by law are released as public record and either put on their website or available upon request. This information doesn't need to be investigated, most can be obtained within minutes.

Re-Raise

That was already determined to be human error! How are you still standing by these claims that have no merit? Move on already.

You must be a real fun guy to be around

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The people here in the United States voted And we all decided that we don't care what you people in Russia and Putin think.
Americans like freedom , prosperity and peace ... something your presidents could not achieve !!!
But your buddy Trump achieved better than any other President in the United States history.
Chew on that Putin!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The majority of Americans do not believe we have free and fair elections.
1608768768889.png