2023 contract

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Would like to see surepost go bye-bye…it’s right there in the contract that if FedEx stops their version that the company would follow suit…

Mtg15

As someone who just got promoted from 22.4 to rpcd, I think the pt pay has to go up significantly. I remember how much it sucked waking up so early and then busting your a@@ for four hours for 60$. I went by a McDonald's and saw the starting pay there is higher than what our pt are making. I figure they will expand the 22.4 positions unfortunately so I just hope that's minimized I know there were campaign promises of getting rid of that position I just find it hard to believe that the company will be okay with paying 11$ more an hr to all of the ft non-rpcd they have. I would also like to see any type of improved healthcare coverage for the retired upsers

As someone who just got promoted from 22.4 to rpcd, I think the pt pay has to go up significantly. I remember how much it sucked waking up so early and then busting your a@@ for four hours for 60$. I went by a McDonald's and saw the starting pay there is higher than what our pt are making. I figure they will expand the 22.4 positions unfortunately so I just hope that's minimized I know there were campaign promises of getting rid of that position I just find it hard to believe that the company will be okay with paying 11$ more an hr to all of the ft non-rpcd they have. I would also like to see any type of improved healthcare coverage for the retired upsers
Some places don't even have retiree healthcare.

Mtg15

Some places don't even have retiree healthcare.
Yeah that's disgusting I mean if a guy works 20, 25, or 30 years for the same company it would be nice to reward that loyalty. The sad part is the reason why retirees need good health care is the same reason the company doesn't want to pay it out. To bad ups only made 12.89 billion in profit alone last year they're obviously strapped for cash.

Yeah that's disgusting I mean if a guy works 20, 25, or 30 years for the same company it would be nice to reward that loyalty. The sad part is the reason why retirees need good health care is the same reason the company doesn't want to pay it out. To bad ups only made 12.89 billion in profit alone last year they're obviously strapped for cash.
Don't worry the shareholders are getting extra billing and a half a year in dividends....

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Get rid of the 5 year progression and make it at least a minimum 2 years to full pay. As drivers were all doing the same job and those of us at the bottom are sucking it big. Used to be 2 years anyway, what the hell happened with that?
You have to suck big.
It's what bottom dwellers do.
Paying your dues isn't just about Union Dues.
When I started at UPS part-time in 1986, it took me 8 years to get an opportunity for a full-time job, then another 2 years for top scale.

Add it up, that's 10 years to get to top scale and no full-time pension credits aside from the final two years....

....while new drivers today are coming from the part-time 6-1 opportunities in less than a year and many places not getting enough to signup for 6-1 from the inside and are hiring off the street almost exclusively for new drivers.

That's the "apples and oranges" version of what the hell happened with that.

Thebrownblob

When I started at UPS part-time in 1986, it took me 8 years to get an opportunity for a full-time job, then another 2 years for top scale.

Add it up, that's 10 years to get to top scale and no full-time pension credits aside from the final two years....

....while new drivers today are coming from the part-time 6-1 opportunities in less than a year and many places not getting enough to signup for 6-1 from the inside and are hiring off the street almost exclusively for new drivers.

That's the "apples and oranges" version of what the hell happened with that.
Same thing I tell on your people, I waited eight years to go driving didn’t originally plan to do it, but I did, two year progression, that’s 10 years just to top scale. 22.4 at My building are going driving in less than a year. No one has been 22.4 more than 18 months. And they’ll be topscale in four years instead of 10. Way ahead of me. Still don’t like the 22.4, but it’s not for the same reason everyone else doesn’t.

542thruNthru

Same thing I tell on your people, I waited eight years to go driving didn’t originally plan to do it, but I did, two year progression, that’s 10 years just to top scale. 22.4 at My building are going driving in less than a year. No one has been 22.4 more than 18 months. And they’ll be topscale in four years instead of 10. Way ahead of me. Still don’t like the 22.4, but it’s not for the same reason everyone else doesn’t.
9 years preload and 3 years till top rate.