2023 contract

TheWeasel

That would shock me too. Can't believe it's taking them longer than 12 years to go full time?
20-25 years to go fulltime at Worldport. Some get 'lucky' and win some :censored2:ty Sun, Mon, Wed, Friday, Sat shift at ~18 years. You could transfer out to be a driver at the local hub, but the annual driver bid this year came with a notice that they are only up to 1998 seniority for consideration. In the interim you have the 6hr PT position, which gets close to full-time benefits and hours, but you're still stuck on PT wages.

542thruNthru

20-25 years to go fulltime at Worldport. Some get 'lucky' and win some :censored2:ty Sun, Mon, Wed, Friday, Sat shift at ~18 years. You could transfer out to be a driver at the local hub, but the annual driver bid this year came with a notice that they are only up to 1998 seniority for consideration. In the interim you have the 6hr PT position, which gets close to full-time benefits and hours, but you're still stuck on PT wages.
Isn't world port pretty much 24/7. I'd think LU 89 would negotiate more full time inside jobs. How many are there now?

TheWeasel

Isn't world port pretty much 24/7. I'd think LU 89 would negotiate more full time inside jobs. How many are there now?
Can't say. 250 were supposed to be made over the course of this contract, but that language is located under the articles governing six hour positions, not the full-time section. It still references fulltime in the language.

I don't know if that means that the company can use six hour jobs to fulfill 22.3 requirements. I'd certainly hope not.

YeeYee

More paid holidays.
At least 10 personal days (option days)
3rd week of vacation accrued after 5th year.
9.5 penalty automatically added to paycheck after 3rd day violation to cut down on forced OT.
Stronger language/penalty on harassment.
Increase in wages across the board. Company made record profits at the expense of the teamsters during the “pandemic.”
No 22.4 positions, all RPCD.
No cameras in package cars.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
More paid holidays.
At least 10 personal days (option days)
3rd week of vacation accrued after 5th year.
9.5 penalty automatically added to paycheck after 3rd day violation to cut down on forced OT.
Stronger language/penalty on harassment.
Increase in wages across the board. Company made record profits at the expense of the teamsters during the “pandemic.”
No 22.4 positions, all RPCD.
No cameras in package cars.
Was just commenting on the paid holidays thing to a coworker...Good Friday seems like a totally legit paid day off. Or at least a similar situation to Air only New Years type deal.

Trucker Clock

Nope. It's open 24/7 but usually only runs 2 main shifts. The night shift for NDA, which usually runs 4-6 hours from around 11 pm to 4 am, and the day shift for 2DA, which usually runs 4-6 hours from around 10 am to 4 pm.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1652047582542.png

FatHead

Get rid of the 5 year progression and make it at least a minimum 2 years to full pay. As drivers were all doing the same job and those of us at the bottom are sucking it big. Used to be 2 years anyway, what the hell happened with that?