2023 contract

542thruNthru

And they think they have it worse than we did? Maybe on some things but not that.
Personally none of them really have it worse or really better. It's the same job it's always been.

They like to point out 9.5 protect but don't realize we had to fight for that as well and even then it was usually a 4 year wait. They bring up pay but 90% are only $.50 less than rpcds with the same years.

When I was a low seniority "RPCD" I was getting used to death every day. I had 9.5 guys hand me the keys when I pulled up and laugh many times.

Thebrownblob

Personally none of them really have it worse or really better. It's the same job it's always been.

They like to point out 9.5 protect but don't realize we had to fight for that as well and even then it was usually a 4 year wait. They bring up pay but 90% are only $.50 less than rpcds with the same years.

When I was a low seniority "RPCD" I was getting used to death every day. I had 9.5 guys hand me the keys when I pulled up and laugh many times.
Absolutely. One thing is for certain at UPS Everyone gets a bite of the :censored2: sandwich

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun

You tell them gf

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Would like to see surepost go bye-bye…it’s right there in the contract that if FedEx stops their version that the company would follow suit…
That's not what it says.
What does it say then???
The Letter of Agreement doesn't specify any specific company offering similar services, rather "the Company’s competition".

Company claims that DHL and Amazon offer like services.

Screenshot_20220601-142653_Office.jpg

FatHead

Perhaps learn how unionism works, seniority is all we have my friend.
Each department works in its own way, and it should be up to those already in that department. If I were to transfer to package Id have to start at the bottom, no bumping. See how that works? As far as I'm concerned, feeders is the only department you can get bumped out of a job.

Thebrownblob

Each department works in its own way, and it should be up to those already in that department. If I were to transfer to package Id have to start at the bottom, no bumping. See how that works? As far as I'm concerned, feeders is the only department you can get bumped out of a job.
I have no idea how it works where you are but here we have a yearly pick, Pkg Drivers going into feeders in the middle of a bid do not bump. They cover and take what’s available. No different than if a feed driver wanted to disqualify himself and go back to package and there was a route available he could bid on it, and he would get it before another regular package car driver who had been driving package car for the last five years, your seniority should carry throughout the company. Watering it down helps the company. If the company eliminates the top drivers job, there is a continuous bump through all 500+ feeder drivers.