2023 contract

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We elected the “get tougher“ team IMO. Let’s see how it works out.

I get the feeling some members would like a strike just because they are angry. I’m not in that camp,

But the financial results speak for themselves. I’m fine with investors getting fast returns because I’m an investor too. I’m even fine with management making bank…say what you want but you have to have management or the business doesn't run. But you better come to the table ready to share the wealth. We delivered it!
There are some who want to strike the company because they basically despise mgt and that is seriously a problem that upper mgt really needs to look at and ask themselves how they can fix this.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Fair enough,,, contract time is here. Don’t need hero pay or bonuses,,, but pay every damn hour of pension contribution quit playing games with 9.5 just pay up, hourly Increases that keep up with inflation for drivers, PTs minimum $20/hr. The money is there…..Teamsters delivered it.

We don’t need to get angry, we just need what’s right.
But striking just because you ”hate management” is not a good idea.
Some people have been so beat down over the years that I don’t think tgaf…

upser2020

I have to say it's at best very very bad optics to cut the mra(for places that had them) then the next week the earnings come out and it's a record quarter. Maybe somehow this will help for 2023...

But striking just because you ”hate management” is not a good idea.
Exactly. You don't vote no just because you want to go on strike and you don't vote no just because you don't like management..

On the other hand we have people who vote Yes because your wife told them to or that they are afraid a no because a fear of going on strike.

PT Car Washer

Exactly. You don't vote no just because you want to go on strike and you don't vote no just because you don't like management..

On the other hand we have people who vote Yes because your wife told them to or that they are afraid a no because a fear of going on strike.
$40/hr and 7 weeks paid vacation is another incentive to not strike. A lot of drivers are fat and happy.

AKCoverMan

$40/hr and 7 weeks paid vacation is another incentive to not strike. A lot of drivers are fat and happy.
My sweetie and I are set and could handle walking out if we had to but it would hurt.

On the other hand think about young gun with family…maybe still in progression…prolly not in position where could miss more than one or two paychecks before really in trouble. I hope it doesn’t have to go down no matter how “beat down” some people may feel.

My sweetie and I are set and could handle walking out if we had to but it would hurt.

On the other hand think about young gun with family…maybe still in progression…prolly not in position where could miss more than one or two paychecks before really in trouble. I hope it doesn’t have to go down no matter how “beat down” some people may feel.
That was May 1997... I wasn't in progression but I was a single family income household a couple young children and a mortgage.
But I survived