2023 contract

PT Car Washer

That does not apply this time
But yes I do agree with you they cannot make it any easier to vote
We'll see how many vote this time. Kind of hard for our negotiating committee to have a strong front when 2/3 of the membership don't care enough to even vote. Too easy to blame it all on PT members when a lot of career PT take a greater interest most FT.

nWo

What's the solution then for the part timers to stop having an overwhelming hand in what happens to us drivers and at the same time forcing them to step up and care?

Stop blaming all your misfortunes on part timers. The contracts were negotiated by people who were put into power long before most of the part timers were even hired on. And in the last contract vote most full timers didn't even bother to vote.

nWo

I've worked here for 25 years but everything I dislike is the fault of the guy that's been here 6 months.

The logic doesn't make any sense.

nWo

The 300 pound chain smoking feeder drivers health insurance and pay is subsidized by the healthy 20 year old making $15/hr with no benefits. It's not the kids fault you don't like the contract.

Staydryitsraining

Stop blaming all your misfortunes on part timers. The contracts were negotiated by people who were put into power long before most of the part timers were even hired on. And in the last contract vote most full timers didn't even bother to vote.
I have zero misfortunes. I wasn't blaming anything on part timers. I was co signing what someone else might have implied. However how much I make an hour or my raise, or my ot language, or my discipline, or my time off, or how much vacation I get, or how long I need to work to retire. I DONT think a part timer should have any barring on anything I mentioned above. Just like my opinion on what part timers get means and should account for nothing. Part timers far out number full time and that is what I was leading to. Maybe you should stop thinking your a victim somehow.

Staydryitsraining

The 300 pound chain smoking feeder drivers health insurance and pay is subsidized by the healthy 20 year old making $15/hr with no benefits. It's not the kids fault you don't like the contract.

We'll see how many vote this time. Kind of hard for our negotiating committee to have a strong front when 2/3 of the membership don't care enough to even vote. Too easy to blame it all on PT members when a lot of career PT take a greater interest most FT.
How big is your building? What are the job opportunities where you live? Do you live in around a city or do you live somewhere where 20 an hour working part time would be more than enough to live happy driving a 20 year old car smoking a pack a day and living off McDonald's? Where exactly in this fantasy land you just laid out Do part timers care more than full timers?

542thruNthru

Does having pilots, mechanics, and others on separate contracts separate any of us??
Yes it does. There is a reason we are all happy that the contracts line up this year.

How easy would it be to give PTs a signing bonus to push their contract through and then use that against the FTers contract.

ManInBrown

Unfair stereotype. I work with 400 feeder drivers. I’d say if I had to guess way less than 25% are obese. Off the top of my head I can’t even think of more than 20. I’m 160lbs. Thats something that was started and people just ran with it. Almost all the feeder drivers that were package I’m friendly with take better care of themselves now, than when they were in package. It can spiral real quick in feeders and no guarantee you can reign it in. That’s why so many watch everything they eat. The fat feeder driver joke really couldn’t be further from the truth. Same as package. Same as in all walks of life.

PT Car Washer

How big is your building? What are the job opportunities where you live? Do you live in around a city or do you live somewhere where 20 an hour working part time would be more than enough to live happy driving a 20 year old car smoking a pack a day and living off McDonald's? Where exactly in this fantasy land you just laid out Do part timers care more than full timers?
The career PT in my building either have another FT job they go to or are wives and mothers supplementing the family income and health care. Next contract make a proposal that all PT Union jobs be eliminated and turned into FT jobs. I imagine it would get a lot of support from PT members just waiting to fill a FT spot. Should pass easily. Of course then who would you blame all of your problems on.

PT Car Washer

They have an overwhelming hand because they outnumber drivers. I'm not pretending that there isn't a problem with drivers caring but I won't entertain the idea that part timers care more.
I would agree most PT and 22.3 don't care about a bunch of cry baby prima donnas complaining how hard they have to work for $40/hr.