2023 contract

Mr. Marshall

The career PT in my building either have another FT job they go to or are wives and mothers supplementing the family income and health care. Next contract make a proposal that all PT Union jobs be eliminated and turned into FT jobs. I imagine it would get a lot of support from PT members just waiting to fill a FT spot. Should pass easily. Of course then who would you blame all of your problems on.
My building just had a 22.3 job posting go unsigned. There are 400 PT workers on the bid sheet and not one of them wanted to work full time apparently.

PT Car Washer

My building just had a 22.3 job posting go unsigned. There are 400 PT workers on the bid sheet and not one of them wanted to work full time apparently.
The biggest majority of 22.3 jobs in my building are load on Midnight and unload on Preload. Or unload on Midnight and load on Preload with an 1 1/2 hour break and a 4 year progression.

PT Car Washer

Weed and video games take priority…
Haven't you noticed how the company has made PT a minimum wage job and now with the two tier delivery driver job it is only a matter of time before delivery is a minimum wage job. You say it will never happen? 40 years ago I believed the Union would never allow a Union job to be a minimum wage job. No one else in the industry pays delivery drivers $40/hr. Or janitors or car washers.

PT Car Washer

Well the company's been making record profits for the last couple of years so..
The company has been making record profits for a hundred years. And every contract they ask for more concessions. The company just throws money in front of the old guys in exchange for concessions on the new guys. And the company demands more and more work for that $40/hr.

Coldworld

Haven't you noticed how the company has made PT a minimum wage job and now with the two tier delivery driver job it is only a matter of time before delivery is a minimum wage job. You say it will never happen? 40 years ago I believed the Union would never allow a Union job to be a minimum wage job. No one else in the industry pays delivery drivers $40/hr. Or janitors or car washers.
Not every porter or car washer makes what you make… red circled folks are the exception, not the norm. For what they ask of drivers on the daily, I think 40 is a deal…