2023 contract

Coldworld

And the company can demand concessions every contract. I remember when we negotiated better benefits, either more time off or wages or better working conditions. Now every gain comes with a price. Most to be paid by the new guys starting out.
Hey, the pt’ers got their .50 “catch up” raise a couple contracts back…remember how that was touted as the best thing to happen in like 25 years…

PT Car Washer

Not every porter or car washer makes what you make… red circled folks are the exception, not the norm. For what they ask of drivers on the daily, I think 40 is a deal…
Porters and FT Car Washers are 22.2 jobs and yes they do. They also are guaranteed jobs not to be reduced or eliminated.

PT Car Washer

Let’s see how this one plays out before you get all riled up about things… new leadership in there… give them a chance to Get things off the ground..
Not sure if I will stick around for another contract vote. On one hand I would hate to miss out on any improvements in the PT pension. On the other hand I would hate it if some people believed that they drove me out.

542thruNthru

They have an overwhelming hand because they outnumber drivers. I'm not pretending that there isn't a problem with drivers caring but I won't entertain the idea that part timers care more.
But if driver's cares and PTers didn't that would mean they don't have a overwhelming hand in what happens to us.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Not sure if I will stick around for another contract vote. On one hand I would hate to miss out on any improvements in the PT pension. On the other hand I would hate it if some people believed that they drove me out.
So stay out of spite. I hear spite makes you live longer.

tramtwo

If there's a 9.5 violation already AND a 'forced' six punch those hours should ALL be counted as a violation of excessive overtime and be paid at the penalty rate.

I lost the grievance on this subject because the language for Saturday is so weak in the current contract. Was interesting to look at my manager explain to me how a sixth punch wasn't excessive overtime. And it was a disgrace to watch my representation say that if I worked longer than nine and a half hours on a Saturday that only that amount of time over would be paid at the penalty rate.