4 Minneapolis officers fired in death of black man

JJinVA

That’s too easy. Nobody is going to disrespect me without at least telling me the charge. Can’t arrest then harass then kill someone because they are a minority...that’s the issue now. White folks don’t understand that. Cops aren’t minority friendly.

You see how you started this post off? "No ones gon' disrespect ME"... this lack of respect for authority (authority given to them by the state as public servants) is what gets black ppl beat up or shot by police over and over again. You enter into it with animosity and then wonder why things get violent. Like i said, if ppl just comply, and are wrongly arrested, they can sue later in a court where they have some legal standing. The cops aren't judges, they are enforcers, hence the name, "law ENFORCEMENT". Not "law negotiators".

Poop Head

Judge me.
Most people talking about police reform aren’t concerned about race. Police reform is in everyone’s best interest. Americans don’t like the state violently enforcing its will on the populace. Police need the consent of the governed to function properly, they’ve lost that consent.
People that do illegal things dont like the police.
People that dont do anything illegal, like the police

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
That’s too easy. Nobody is going to disrespect me without at least telling me the charge. Can’t arrest then harass then kill someone because they are a minority...that’s the issue now. White folks don’t understand that. Cops aren’t minority friendly.
I understand that you should know the charge but I would never act like most of these people do with cops......being so confrontational and disrespectful.

I have been pulled over many times on my Harley . respect given gets respect back ( in most cases ). have been arrested 5-6 times , all for misdemeanors. the times i was drunk and acted like an :censored2: I was treated badly. The times I was respectful, I was treated well.

BTW , I have mentioned this before. I lived in a country where my family was the only white one in town and I know first hand what racism is. Only for 2 years . It was uncomfortable but once I realized it wasnt me they hated but the color of my skin it did not bother me so much . .The people who took the effort to get to know me liked me and we got along famously. It was only the ignorant that I had problems with.

UPSER1987

You see how you started this post off? "No ones gon' disrespect ME"... this lack of respect for authority (authority given to them by the state as public servants) is what gets black ppl beat up or shot by police over and over again. You enter into it with animosity and then wonder why things get violent. Like i said, if ppl just comply, and are wrongly arrested, they can sue later in a court where they have some legal standing. The cops aren't judges, they are enforcers, hence the name, "law ENFORCEMENT". Not "law negotiators".
You obviously are white... cops are not minority friendly. Apple and oranges.
Btw respect is earned. I don’t respect some flunky not going through a proper protocol.

JJinVA

You obviously are white... cops are not minority friendly. Apple and oranges.

I am white, (well, very tan anyways, my sister always tells me Im a milkman baby but nevertheless). My family is from a Swedish/Norwegian/Bohemian descent, (though I still get blamed for slavery even though Im only a fourth generation American, imagine that... family wasnt even here during slavery). But I think you have it mixed up. Minorities arent very cop friendly, and the cops respond.....not very friendly. But Ive been arrested, Ive been to jail, Ive been given frivolous speeding tickets by black officers. I didnt burn anything down though. I changed my lifestyle and it stopped happening.

UPSER1987

Your example is akin to your supervisor coming to you and firing you for no reason, walking you out the door and not telling why. If you are that passive, you got bigger issues bud.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You don't belong to a specific support group that I won't mention?
I don't belong ... I just go.
I go to many groups.
They push me to take a leadership role in Area and Region and I refuse.
I just perform my services at the group level.
I don't buy into that stuff and there are lots of others that relish it.

rod

Retired 23 years
antifa.png