A Simpler Time

oldngray

nowhere special
Remember the early NDA tags (mid 1980's) when you had to sign your name and pull off the top copy for every package? I was picking up the 2 biggest air shippers in the district and picked up over 100 every day.

Off the leash

Remember the early NDA tags (mid 1980's) when you had to sign your name and pull off the top copy for every package? I was picking up the 2 biggest air shippers in the district and picked up over 100 every day.
Omg I forgot that. How bout the one time pickups? I got one when I was a new cover driver that must have had fifty pieces. The old guys said I could use as toilet paper

I was low seniority and got stuck making the late big air pickups that weren't even on my route. Over 10 hours every day.
I don't know if they did it everywhere or if it was just in my building. In the early '90s it was trying to keep everyone to a 45-hour paid week.

The expiration I got from that was that the lowest paid supervisor was supposed to make more than the highest paid driver

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I don't know if they did it everywhere or if it was just in my building. In the early '90s it was trying to keep everyone to a 45-hour paid week.

The expiration I got from that was that the lowest paid supervisor was supposed to make more than the highest paid driver
Now they get paid for what they are worth. Poor saps. At least they get to go home at 11am. Corporate will figure out there's no need for ORS.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How many remember a 3 bell chain to measure packages?
I still have one, along with a few other things. Paper map under the 50 liners.
F173C81A-A465-424F-B5C2-3A350214C669_1_201_a.jpeg