A Simpler Time

oldngray

nowhere special
My first was 12346. P-600. Why in the world do we both remember that. I drove the last P-400
in our building. Blew out the rear one night returning to the center. Looked just like the one in my avatar
When I started we still had a few P-400's around. They were mostly last choice extras for split routes. A couple were kept around for years as shop trucks but completely phased out of package deliveries. I drove them a few times and what stood out most was how different every one was. They had been rewired and worked on so many times they were nothing like originally designed.

Off the leash

When I started we still had a few P-400's around. They were mostly last choice extras for split routes. A couple were kept around for years as shop trucks but completely phased out of package deliveries. I drove them a few times and what stood out most was how different every one was. They had been rewired and worked on so many times they were nothing like originally designed.
My first trucks were also p 600s. Narrow wooden shelves with splinters, had to learn real fast how to slide packages without getting stuck. Wooden bulkhead door too. Real relics. The p 400 was around too. After they disappeared they would resurface at peak.

oldngray

nowhere special
My first trucks were also p 600s. Narrow wooden shelves with splinters, had to learn real fast how to slide packages without getting stuck. Wooden bulkhead door too. Real relics. The p 400 was around too. After they disappeared they would resurface at peak.
I picked up a few splinters from those wooden shelves. The wood would be so rotten the splinters were hard to dig out.

Off the leash

I picked up a few splinters from those wooden shelves. The wood would be so rotten the splinters were hard to dig out.
Especially under the fingernails! Had to push with the palms! The shelves were so narrow, if you turned the corners wrong the packages fell off. Lot of resorting

Off the leash

The first p 800s were nice, lot of space. Before long they were always blown out too. Seemed like there were more and more 1000s in no time.

Off the leash

Had to have surgery on one knee so far, and both shoulders. Thanks to those old trucks. The new ones are like Cadillacs compared to those.

Yup, package car drivers have it sooooooo easy now!
l1ugmvFnOFbUswxiw.gif

Off the leash

And I never said they had it sooooo easy. Why so touchy? We all paid are dues, they try and divide us all the time, don’t help them. I dealt with my problems and you deal with yours. But we all work hard for or pay. Period