Abortion

newfie

Faith-based theory?

"The Belgian astronomer and Catholic priest Georges Lemaître proposed on theoretical grounds that the universe is expanding, which was observationally confirmed soon afterwards by Edwin Hubble.[15][16] In 1927 in the Annales de la Société Scientifique de Bruxelles (Annals of the Scientific Society of Brussels) under the title "Un Univers homogène de masse constante et de rayon croissant rendant compte de la vitesse radiale des nébuleuses extragalactiques" ("A homogeneous Universe of constant mass and growing radius accounting for the radial velocity of extragalactic nebulae"),[17] he presented his new idea that the universe is expanding and provided the first observational estimation of what is known as the Hubble constant.[18] What later will be known as the "Big Bang theory" of the origin of the universe, he called his "hypothesis of the primeval atom" or the "Cosmic Egg".[19]

American astronomer Edwin Hubble observed that the distances to faraway galaxies were strongly correlated with their redshifts. This was interpreted to mean that all distant galaxies and clusters are receding away from our vantage point with an apparent velocity proportional to their distance: that is, the farther they are, the faster they move away from us, regardless of direction.[20] Assuming the Copernican principle (that the Earth is not the center of the universe), the only remaining interpretation is that all observable regions of the universe are receding from all others. Since we know that the distance between galaxies increases today, it must mean that in the past galaxies were closer together. The continuous expansion of the universe implies that the universe was denser and hotter in the past.

Large particle accelerators can replicate the conditions that prevailed after the early moments of the universe, resulting in confirmation and refinement of the details of the Big Bang model. However, these accelerators can only probe so far into high energy regimes. Consequently, the state of the universe in the earliest instants of the Big Bang expansion is still poorly understood and an area of open investigation and speculation.

The first subatomic particles to be formed included protons, neutrons, and electrons. Though simple atomic nuclei formed within the first three minutes after the Big Bang, thousands of years passed before the first electrically neutral atoms formed. The majority of atoms produced by the Big Bang were hydrogen, along with helium and traces of lithium. Giant clouds of these primordial elements later coalesced through gravity to form stars and galaxies, and the heavier elements were synthesized either within stars or during supernovae.

The Big Bang theory offers a comprehensive explanation for a broad range of observed phenomena, including the abundance of light elements, the CMB, large scale structure, and Hubble's Law.[9] The framework for the Big Bang model relies on Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity and on simplifying assumptions such as homogeneity and isotropy of space. The governing equations were formulated by Alexander Friedmann, and similar solutions were worked on by Willem de Sitter. Since then, astrophysicists have incorporated observational and theoretical additions into the Big Bang model, and its parametrization as the Lambda-CDM model serves as the framework for current investigations of theoretical cosmology. The Lambda-CDM model is the current "standard model" of Big Bang cosmology, consensus is that it is the simplest model that can account for the various measurements and observations relevant to cosmology."

very educational. you called this the big bang what?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
That the designs and corresponding origin stories of car/world/body are not comparable.

Are they comparable in that they had a designer and a builder? I think so.

If you had all the parts of the car in dump truck and dumped it out in you driveway, what are the odds of it looking like it does in the showroom? Not going to happen. Your car since it is made, demands a maker.

Even if all the components and gases (they came from nothing) got together and blew up..the odds are less than your car coming out perfect from the dump truck than the world being as it is now.

The laws and design of the universe, the design and function of the human body, all demand a maker and designer. orrrrrrrr it all came from nothing oooooooor we just don't know orrrrrrrrr ( I think this is it for many) we just don't want to admit to what is such an obvious truth.

BrownFlush

You say something can't come from nothing.

I ask what your god came from and you answer.... Nothing.

Lmao.
Not too bright buddy.
Hard to understand an eternal being buddy... Someone who was not created but always has been and always will be.
My finite mind has difficulty grasping it so I know you don't need to make the effort.

Box Ox

The laws and design of the universe, the design and function of the human body, all demand a maker and designer. orrrrrrrr it all came from nothing oooooooor we just don't know orrrrrrrrr ( I think this is it for many) we just don't want to admit to what is such an obvious truth.

If you need to attribute all of the above to a god that lives in the sky and made everything on his cloud workbench because you can't believe that such complexity could not occur naturally, that's fine.

Something can't come from nothing so the only thing you can conclude is the something that it all came from has always been and always will be. Eternal.

We don't know that something came from nothing in the first place. The Big Bang Theory is called a theory because it's a theory based on scientific observation. But it still gives better insight into the origins of the universe than the "but things are complex!" faith-based argument does. If you need to have something to clutch onto in the meantime until everything is figured out, and it'd help you feel better about things, attributing it to a god is OK.

BrownFlush

If you need to attribute all of the above to a god that lives in the sky who made everything on his cloud workbench because you can't believe that such complexity could not occur naturally, that's fine.

We don't know that something came from nothing in the first place. The Big Bang Theory is called a theory because it's a theory based on scientific observation. But it still gives better insight into the origins of the universe than the "but things are complex!" faith-based argument does. If you need to have something to clutch onto in the meantime until everything is figured out, and it'd help you feel better about things, attributing it to a god is OK.
The things that made it possible for the Big Bang..what was their origin? Where did the complexities come from that made it all natural?

If you are going to insist that we don't know if something can come for nothing... it will definitely limit our conversation

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Hard to understand an eternal being buddy... Someone who was not created but always has been and always will be.
My finite mind has difficulty grasping it so I know you don't need to make the effort.
I understand it's easier for you to lash out with insults than to face the fear of the unknown that would result from you acknowledging the fundamental flaw in your opinion.

Carry on.

Box Ox

The things that made it possible for the Big Bang..what was their origin?

Beats me. But just because I don't know right now doesn't mean sky man gets the credit for it.

Where did the complexities come from that made it all natural?

Should I say I don't know, or that they must have been pulled from a god's blueprint?

If you are going to insist that we don't know if something can come for nothing... it will definitely limit our conversation

We don't know where anything came from, period. Your anciently-styled assumption that ergo, it must have been a god definitely limits conversation.

BrownFlush

Beats me. But just because I don't know right now doesn't mean sky man gets the credit for it.

Should I say I don't know, or that they must have been pulled from a god's blueprint?

We don't know where anything came from, period. Your anciently-styled assumption that ergo, it must have been a god definitely limits conversation.
Can't do it anymore .

"We don't know where anything came from, period." AND previous quote " We don't know that something came from nothing"

My anciently- styled assumption can't hold a light to those statements.

BrownFlush

I understand it's easier for you to lash out with insults than to face the fear of the unknown that would result from you acknowledging the fundamental flaw in your opinion.

Carry on.
Lash out. lol Fear of the unknown .LOL
Acknowledge and flawed opinion? LOL
At least I have an opinion.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I get it now. The primordial gasses that existed before the big bang were just the creators flatulence.
As it is written, so shall it be settled.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
51457178_2197171707202267_8413269792407945216_n.jpg