Alison vs Mitch

brett636

You were referring to the south and use Wisconsin as an example. Just correcting your obvious poor understanding of geography.

Atomic_Smurf

Let me know when Wisconsin passes California bro. The only thing that's going to come up in the south is unemployment and the poverty rate.
....and the sea levels they say. Wisconsin is finally turning red after years of Democrats running it into the ground & California is having the same bankruptcy problems that Wisconsin was having before Wisconsinites wised up & elected a republican governor. Texas would be a better comparison.

MAKAVELI

Banned
Sorry but Jerry Brown has brought CA back in the black and is prospering. We were hit hard by the Bush recession and housing bubble. Unemployment is down, home prices back on the rise, new construction up and all done without raping labor, taking from the poor, and killing unions.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorry but Jerry Brown has brought CA back in the black and is prospering. We were hit hard by the Bush recession and housing bubble. Unemployment is down, home prices back on the rise, new construction up and all done without raping labor, taking from the poor, and killing unions.

All you need now is water.

Atomic_Smurf

You mean the housing bubble caused by politicians on the left demanding people be able to take out loans they couldn't afford? Democrats gave bankers free reign to take advantage of stupid people with the community reinvestment act. Bush's failure was not fighting the left aggressively enough to stop the meltdown before it happened. Remember Barney Frank & the lefts denial of problems at Freddie & Fannie? Wall street may be benefiting from the money printing & quantitative easing happening today but the next big bubble burst will be the U.S. dollar.

MAKAVELI

Banned
You mean the housing bubble caused by politicians on the left demanding people be able to take out loans they couldn't afford? Democrats gave bankers free reign to take advantage of stupid people with the community reinvestment act. Bush's failure was not fighting the left aggressively enough to stop the meltdown before it happened. Remember Barney Frank & the lefts denial of problems at Freddie & Fannie? Wall street may be benefiting from the money printing & quantitative easing happening today but the next big bubble burst will be the U.S. dollar.
So you agree, it was Bush's fault that he did nothing to stop the housing bubble.

Atomic_Smurf

Stop it? Hell, he encouraged the sub-prime and other questionable lending practices which led to the bubble.
By "encouraged" do you mean threatened to prosecute City Bank & others if they didn't abide by the CRA & give out more loans to people that couldn't pay them back? If so you have George Bush confused with Janet Reno.

MAKAVELI

Banned
No. I said he wasn't aggressive enough at ending the lending practices that originated with Carter & were expanded by the Horny Hick from Arkansas.
Exactly, he did nothing. Which only made the problem worse. He left this country on the brink of a major depression and you want to try and put the blame elsewhere. It don't work that way bro.

MAKAVELI

Banned
I'm pretty sure the village idiot that had the biggest terror attack in US history, 2 unnecessary wars where thousands of American lives were lost and the biggest economic crisis since the great depression, all during his presidency, owns that title.;)

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I'm pretty sure the village idiot that had the biggest terror attack in US history, 2 unnecessary wars where thousands of American lives were lost and the biggest economic crisis since the great depression, all during his presidency, owns that title.;)
I think the top 2 are:
#1 Obama
#2 Carter
Worst 2 presidents in my lifetime.