amazon and saturdays?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I've read a lot of the posts on here, it's amazing how little a lot of you understand about the contract. The possibility of a Tues-Sat schedule was covered in the contract pretty clearly. 2008 is the magic year, as far as if they can do it contractually? Well they can do almost anything and everything they want due to one passage, "operational necessity".
So as you can see, it's happening. All you can do is plan accordingly.

Jasoonis

I'm not saying they met with national. I know they met with our local, and in our contract it already says a workweek consists of ANY five consecutive days of 8 hours. No specific day is ever mentioned except for Sunday, which is double time.

I only know what I have been told by the guy implementing it in our building and the two other buildings near us.

Nationally this will be a longer process and I hope the National fight this some how, but the writing has been on the wall for awhile now for a Saturday full work day.

I think it's complete BS, and the fact they are just springing this on us with only a month notice is ridiculous as well. I have a feeling this will be a gigantic failure on every level. Customer service, safety, driver moral etc.

Jasoonis

I've read a lot of the posts on here, it's amazing how little a lot of you understand about the contract. The possibility of a Tues-Sat schedule was covered in the contract pretty clearly. 2008 is the magic year, as far as if they can do it contractually? Well they can do almost anything and everything they want due to one passage, "operational necessity".

Exactly what he said. It is happening 100%, for us it's starting September 1st, it might be 6 months or a year for the rest of the of the National work force. But again from what I am hearing they have a time table of 18 months for full implementation on a national scale.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You're talking about changing the bid process and completely wiping out parts of the master. That would require ups to go through the grievance procedures on a national level.

I would assume they would have to inform hall or something.

An arbitrator would have a field day if this is being implemented the way it says in this thread.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You're talking about changing the bid process and completely wiping out parts of the master. That would require ups to go through the grievance procedures on a national level.

I would assume they would have to inform hall or something.

An arbitrator would have a field day if this is being implemented the way it says in this thread.
I have the feeling that he is in the same local as me. We don't bid routes, we bid start times. They can put you on ANY route any day of the week if they want in my building. Probably why they are gonna test it with us.

Faceplanted

For this to lawfully happen nation wide they either need to wait until 2018 or re negotiate.

I would be ashamed to be part of a local that only bid start times. Wtf is that?