amazon and saturdays?

McGee

We are starting Tuesday to Saturday work week in August. Those who are lowest on seniority will be a part of the Tues to Saturday work group. For them Monday will be their time and half day.

Well from what I can tell, so far it's not happening here....Yet.. Talked to some drivers with 20 plus years in and they have not heard anything.

Time will tell I guess.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I haven't the slightest clue how any FT driver could possibly do this 6 days a week. I'm going to go out on a limb, and take a guess that a majority of the drivers here that do work Saturdays for extra money, are very senior drivers with extremely cushy 5 cube countryside routes. I'm dead by Friday afternoon. And I'm no runner gunner. I take my sweet time all week. Safe and careful. And I am absolutely dead tired come Friday after my hour meal. It takes everything I have most weeks to finish out the day.
I have one of those and I don't work Saturdays. I'm just as relaxed on Friday afternoons as I am on Monday mornings. Put in 30 years and you'll get there.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
image.jpeg
What about a religious exemption for Jews?

Browndriver5

I know this is kind of off subject but amazon is building a distribution center close to our center. We are a smaller center, and we dont have any amazon feeder runs as of now. Will this still cut routes from our building?

Overpaid Union Thug

I know this is kind of off subject but amazon is building a distribution center close to our center. We are a smaller center, and we dont have any amazon feeder runs as of now. Will this still cut routes from our building?
It SHOULD add feeder runs to your building but that depends on your local. Many screw the smaller buildings out of their own work and give those to runs to the hub. If you are in a local that bids jobs local wide then you don't have to worry about that.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It SHOULD add feeder runs to your building but that depends on your local. Many screw the smaller buildings out of their own work and give those to runs to the hub. If you are in a local that bids jobs local wide then you don't have to worry about that.

Haven't you gotten over that yet?

queenupser

queenupser
Company is seeking Saturday ground deliveries to please Amazon's demands. It will be a regular work day with pickups from all accounts that want Saturday pickups. This was confirmed by Local 728. One of the test sites will be in Atlanta area then expanded to other areas.

wayfair

swollen member
Company is seeking Saturday ground deliveries to please Amazon's demands. It will be a regular work day with pickups from all accounts that want Saturday pickups. This was confirmed by Local 728. One of the test sites will be in Atlanta area then expanded to other areas.
so a new sort starts?