amazon and saturdays?

dex 84

At express they made so many positions T-S that Monday is now the worst day because of how understaffed we are. And they still need several M-friend employees to come in on their day off every week in order to run how many routes they need.

At least we haven't been getting as much amazon on Saturdays as we were a year or two ago.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Where I am feeders run Friday night to a few other good size hubs. Those drivers bring back Monday preloads from the other hub twilight sorts as well as loads for other air sorts and bypass loads. I'm guessing those preloads will all go out Saturday and the sleeper teams and meet point trailers that don't make it in time along with the Sunday night sort loads will run normal on Mondays.

So with that being said I would guess Saturday would take 30-35% of the Monday volume in my location. I guess the hope would be more volume brought in so those numbers could change a bit.

Awakened you have...

Crapping on Dynamex, Lonestar, ArcAngel, USPS, Fedex, UPS, and everyone else with a pickup truck!
Should be renamed....
"Deliver my crap company"
However, my hat goes off to the brains that run Amazon. They are keeping everyone busy and afloat. Mind boggling that you can get dog food and canned sardines in the mail now.

My head hurts.

Overpaid Union Thug

Working Saturdays will affect people in the National Guard or Reserves. Those that end up on Tuesday through Saturday routes will end up losing one day of work at UPS when they have a drill weekend. :(

Hopefully a lot of those guys can stay on a Monday through Friday route.

PT Car Washer

Working Saturdays will affect people in the National Guard or Reserves. Those that end up on Tuesday through Saturday routes will end up losing one day of work at UPS when they have a drill weekend. :(

Hopefully a lot of those guys can stay on a Monday through Friday route.
Actually UPS should give Monday off after drill week ends as they have not had their 34 hour reset. Most of my drill weekends were in the field from Saturday morning thru Sunday afternoon. Then there were the MUTA 5's where we started at 18:00 Friday night thru Sunday.

Overpaid Union Thug

Actually UPS should give Monday off after drill week ends as they have not had their 34 hour reset. Most of my drill weekends were in the field from Saturday morning thru Sunday afternoon. Then there were the MUTA 5's where we started at 18:00 Friday night thru Sunday.
My drills were 7am-3:30pm. Saturday/Sunday only. None of that Friday evening crap.The Air Force rocks.

It did suck driving to my base the night before after a full day of delivering packages though. Especially during peak season.

PT Car Washer

My drills were 7am-3:30pm. Saturday/Sunday only. None of that Friday evening crap.The Air Force rocks.

It did suck driving to my base the night before after a full day of delivering packages though. Especially during peak season.
Army National Guard. U.S. Cavalry which means M 113 APC's when I was a scout and later switched over to M 1IP main battle tank and then M 1A1 tanks. Almost every drill weekend was out in the field summer and winter. I remember one drill weekend it was -20 below sleeping in the field. Well worth it now that I am finally collecting retirement checks.

Overpaid Union Thug

Army National Guard. U.S. Cavalry which means M 113 APC's when I was a scout and later switched over to M 1IP main battle tank and then M 1A1 tanks. Almost every drill weekend was out in the field summer and winter. I remember one drill weekend it was -20 below sleeping in the field. Well worth it now that I am finally collecting retirement checks.
It's all worth it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Double negative.

Geo926

Saw an Amazon clown delivering today in a nice unmarked van. He had a yellow vest on and jean shorts he was practicing yard control.