Another question for old timers

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Is this what you tell yourself when you start regretting your life decisions? ‘ I make friend-five times ALL those stinky lazy part timers. Why don’t they want the h-honor and privilege of being a UPS driver like me?!?’

Come on man, it’s pathetic. Also, it’s time get going hot rod , Karen needs her Hello Fresh for tonight’s dindin.
What’s pathetic is how jealous you are of those “glorified pizza delivery” guys that you keep coming back here. You can insult those guys (I’m not a package driver) all you want, at least they can afford their “dindin”. JFC, I’m talking to a toddler.

takesteady

What’s pathetic is how jealous you are of those “glorified pizza delivery” guys that you keep coming back here. You can insult those guys (I’m not a package driver) all you want, at least they can afford their “dindin”. JFC, I’m talking to a toddler.
‘ Y-y-you must be jealous!’

Suure. I’m not the not one bragging online about making 5 X times more than any inside employee. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

PT Car Washer

You don't make 5X more than I do. And where is my Amazon package. You have been told to deliver to the rear door. We only accept pizza deliveries at the front door.

oldngray

nowhere special
I am so ready for my baboon replacement
53b994ae.jpg

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You don't make 5X more than I do. And where is my Amazon package. You have been told to deliver to the rear door. We only accept pizza deliveries at the front door.
Yeah, I always thought you were a taking men in the rear kind of guy.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It's funny. Now that I am retired and I bump into a manager at the Costco or out in public they are nice as pie. totally normal human beings.

Different as night and day. But they still spew the BS saying I was one of their best drivers and I am missed.

I think managers are really aliens from another galaxy who take control of human bodies......

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'm really going to try and answer this honestly. In my 32 years in package I really only had one
center manager I truly hated, despised. Did I butt heads with others and sups throughout the years?
Sure. To me the big difference is at that time everybody came up through the ranks. Everyone had
been a driver before they went into management. So neither side could bull * each other.

And yeah, some guys got called into the office, some guys filed grievances, but overall once it was settled
it was over. We had a business to run. Again the difference is we are were really customer driven. Our product
was SERVICE. Every package every day. You didn't bring back 50 stops. The center manager ran HIS center.
You're overloaded, 2 more guys overloaded, add a trip. Now. This morning. It got done. There really was a sense
of teamwork because everybody came up through the ranks and everybody knew what it took to get the job done

So there was some mutual respect for the job. So when the center manager would come up to you and say what
happened yesterday and you said something about a certain road being blocked or a certain customer being an ass,
he could relate because there's a good chance he knew that road or customer. Good chance the center manager or
sup was a guy you worked with, even drove next too for a couple years. Hell one of my center managers started at UPS as
my loader. You knew the guy. You knew he wasn't a real prick.

That's all gone now. It's all numbers. There's no personal interaction. It really was a decent place to work.
Christmas Eve there was always a spread out. Somebody retire, there would be a catered breakfast for everybody.
Some Fridays there be doughnuts. So drivers, managers, sups, be standing there together eating, talking. And
we all knew each other because we had all worked together sometime or another.
I remember those days......a distant memory.

UPSER1987

Vanity, mostly. They are the under the delusion that being a UPS driver makes them super special and indispensable. Keep in mind, these are folks who spend most of every day shuttling around cardboard boxes for a corporation and then spend the last few hours before they go to sleep talking about it online. It's a crucial part of their identity, they have nothing else. Just sit back and laugh.
Boy, truer words have never been said. But before they go online to talk about it, they spend an hour in the office after work recapping the days cardboard boxes to the girls in the office. I’m sure those witty conversations about cardboard boxes are just what every lady wants to hear. ( Along with the funk they bring in the office especially is summer) Yep, sit back and laugh 😂

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Vanity, mostly. They are the under the delusion that being a UPS driver makes them super special and indispensable. Keep in mind, these are folks who spend most of every day shuttling around cardboard boxes for a corporation and then spend the last few hours before they go to sleep talking about it online. It's a crucial part of their identity, they have nothing else. Just sit back and laugh.
Lemme guess you couldn’t qualify because the boss doesent like you
Am I right