Another question for old timers

542thruNthru

No hate here- just saying there are a bunch if them kicking around. And most do not get involved. That's my opinion- not saying it is fact. Definitely not hate.
Lot of FTers kicking around that don't get involved. Has your local ever had any local elections? Like officer election or delegate election. What was the percentage that voted?

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Squeeky wheel gets the grease. If the PT didn't want to stand up together and make their demands thats tuff. Thats how come Feeders always got better than the delivery drivers. They were more organized than delivery. Is that all you do is cry?
No I just like to attack you wanna be "we looked out for each other," old timers that claim you were so much more unified back then... Yet you sold out your own brothers. ;)

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
The company bought off the PT votes then with one time bonuses. Too many people were willing to take the money and run instead of looking at or even caring about the long term.
Most of them not here for the long term. Some just don’t want to wait.

542thruNthru

The company bought off the PT votes then with one time bonuses. Too many people were willing to take the money and run instead of looking at or even caring about the long term.
This I didn't hear about. Though I'm more disappointed that the union would even allow it to be voted on.

rod

Retired 23 years
No I just like to attack you wanna be "we looked out for each other," old timers that claim you were so much more unified back then... Yet you sold out your own brothers. ;)
I don't see what you are trying to get at. Sure we were more unified back then. The pt looked out for pt-the drivers looked out for drivers and the feeders looked out for feeders. You actually expect that it would be any different? That isn't the way the world works cupcake. You want to look out for pt give a few of them a hundie out of your big checks if it will make you feel better. Life is tough.

542thruNthru

Wait one minute!

Everything you said is a lie! Because we all know PTers don't vote! ;)

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
The Union could definitely do a better job at making it self present. It just seems like they snatch our dues and drive off into the sunset. You pay the initiation fee for people you don’t know even exist lol

542thruNthru

I don't see what you are trying to get at. Sure we were more unified back then. The pt looked out for pt-the drivers looked out for drivers and the feeders looked out for feeders. You actually expect that it would be any different? That isn't the way the world works cupcake. You want to look out for pt give a few of them a hundie out of your big checks if it will make you feel better. Life is tough.
Ah so what you're saying is you were divided.

Should I get you a dictionary old man? :)

oldngray

nowhere special
Wait one minute!

Everything you said is a lie! Because we all know PTers don't vote! ;)
$500 bonus looked good to a PT'er who expected to be gone in a couple of years. Most FT'ers wanted permanent wage increases instead. So yes, you can mostly blame that contract on PT votes.

542thruNthru

$500 bonus looked good to a PT'er who expected to be gone in a couple of years. Most FT'ers wanted permanent wage increases instead. So yes, you can mostly blame that contract on PT votes.
Interesting. I did not know that. I'm still baffled why the union would allow it though. I'd love to see what the voting % was for that contract.

oldngray

nowhere special
Interesting. I did not know that. I'm still baffled why the union would allow it though. I'd love to see what the voting % was for that contract.
I don't remember but wouldn't be surprised if the majority voted against it. UPS as usual said it was their last best offer so it took 2/3 no to reject it.

rod

Retired 23 years
The Union could definitely do a better job at making it self present. It just seems like they snatch our dues and drive off into the sunset. You pay the initiation fee for people you don’t know even exist lol
The Union has always like to hide. In my 30 years the Union only showed up at our center just before election time IF they had opposition and once they showed up to push their D.R.I.V.E. program. All together maybe 6 times. A couple times every summer they stayed at a local fancy resort 15 miles from our center to have a meeting and mostly to play golf but we never saw them. We knew this because one of our drivers wives worked at that resort and had access to what groups were in town for the week .