Antisemitism

vantexan

Did he do that?
West did make some remarks about Jews recently. If you're in his position and support Trump you're going to have everything you say dissected. If he's fine with that more power to him. His business is suffering though. But more importantly he's influential with a lot of young people and if in his position he's going to start criticizing a particular ethnic group it could cause serious problems for that group.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Free speech means being able to say what's on your mind. It also means being free not to listen. It doesn't mean shutting up people just because you don't like what they have to say.

vantexan

Free speech means being able to say what's on your mind. It also means being free not to listen. It doesn't mean shutting up people just because you don't like what they have to say.
I agree. But it also means being able to criticize others if they say things that could hurt others physically. Right now a lot of Asian Americans are being attacked by some blacks. They were blamed by some for various things like Covid.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Except for liberals. We need to shut up and stop upsetting all the conservatives and Kanye.

I wouldn't ever want you guys to shut up. It's so entertaining to hear your farcical views.

I'll give you some insight to my approach to free speech. I don't know anything Kanye believes because I've never listened to anything he has to say about anything because I don't care about anything he has to say, or even him as a person, or as an entertainer.

newfie

Shouldn't attack them because they're Jews. If they're Jewish people who've done something wrong have at it. There, you've been mansplained.
he's not "attacking" them. he's voicing his opinion. its just words. words can annoy but he clearly has shown no will to act on his words.

vantexan

I'm not the one randomly listing things that Kanye shouldn't do.
I'm listing things that no one should do. If I say you're a scammer, a liar, whatever, and you happen to be Jewish that's on you, not antisemitic. If I say it's well known that Jews are liars, scammers, money hungry, etc then that's attacking them as a group. That's antisemitism. You don't have to round up Jews and send them to death camps to be antisemitic. Are you free in this country to say such things? Yes. Do you risk backlash and consequences for saying such things? Yes. West has gotten himself and his business set back by voicing strong opinions. Might not matter to him. Might matter to his employees if laid off. May matter to the Jewish fellow walking home in NYC who is beaten badly by thugs because someone believed Ye's statements.

newolddude

I wonder why this is happening?

Fi-uZS4WYAIIN2r

It must be something the liberals did.

vantexan

Do you think it's ok to smear a group just because they're white, black, Jewish, Asian, or whatever? No matter how many of a group you see committing crimes on tv is it fair to smear everyone of that group if most of them do work, pay their bills, treat others right? Do you think it's your right to do so?