Archives

B

bonusking

Yes, now day's you really have to take at least a week ahead of time before you go in there, and watch what you stuff in your cake hole!

T

tieguy

My Theory which should not matter but appears to is we should push our earnings news up to the very first week of earnings season. By the time we announce good earnings news has become ordinary news and we get lost in the shuffle.

T

traveler

tie,
The only way I could see that to be possible is the change the fiscal year and I don't think that is about to happen.

O

over9five

Your center manager sounds like a real a/h. File the grievance every day youre over 9.5, AND just because hes an a/h make sure you request your 2 eight hour days every month too! (On Fridays, they hate that!)

B

bigbrownone

OK OK OK

I will admit that I would actually own a vette,,,,,,but that price tag is MUCH to high for what it is........the cobra is 15k less than the vette and with a couple of grand put back into the car it would be just as fast as the vette........

Too bad that the camaro isn't around any more,,,,,,,that POS wasn't a bad car,,,,,,even though I haven't liked the body style since the 70's,,,,,,,,the 69's are awsome cars, but so are the mustangs.

and what is up with the ugly front end of the c6 vette? looks too much like the viper!

T

tieguy

Looks like I was going through AM coffee withdrawels on my previous post. Timing of the earnings annoucement would have to be moved up about one week each time.

T

toonertoo

No PROUPS that would never happen. As big as she is she was a beaten down dog when I got her. she still cant look people directly in the eye (hence the closed eye shot) But she is 100 pds of love. I think in three years I heard her bark once, and growl once, when her former owner stopped by....I always trust my dogs intuitions, if she dont like em I dont either, he is a jerk. But she is great now, with my grandkids she is the best, even when they fall on her or step on her, she is smart enough to know the difference between abuse and accidents. The vet tells me the expected life for a doby is 10, shes almost 11 so I hope he is real wrong.....

(Message edited by toonertoo on February 15, 2004)

T

toonertoo

I just mark no to everything, never had a problem in my life, get my card and leave. I usually go to my physical after work and they tell me I have a bp of a 14 yr old so I guess thats good. I learned a long time ago as you know now, that the important thing is you go home and sleep at night, and snore, and you wake up...just fine. They did tests on me one time for severe bruising and after about 8 grand in tests determined I bruised easily...DUH, I learned what foods to eat because I lacked a certain factor in my blood, and that didnt come from any of those tests. Had me scared to death about leukemia etc, til I realized I had been this way always and would have been gone by now if it had been one of those dreaded diseases.

T

toonertoo

over 95 has more knowledge than I about the contract. Just know that here in NE ohio I am with you, its been a rough one. Just try to remember it IS almost over, and soon the 10 hr days wont hurt quite as much coz it HAS to get warmer. I keep counting the number of times I ALMOST fell on the ice as a victory. And take a day off when you feel the need, the young guys do!!!

T

toonertoo

How about the FLYOVER at the Nascar race with the stealth and the F18s!! If that dont make you proud to be an American!! Regardless for a moment if you like Bush or not, was that not the best!!! And how about that awesome Bill from Dawsonville getting into the introduction!!

(Message edited by toonertoo on February 15, 2004)

L

local804

That was very cool. I really like that 4 out of the top five were all CHEVY`s.I was a little impressed that the old man finished in the top 10.

T

tieguy

I have to admit i like the look of the new vette. I can relate to the feelings here about the 69 cars mustang, camaro and firebird. Great year for muscle cars, right there with 57.

W

wkmac

Sorry folks being so long in responding. Something happened in my account so I had to go back and register like a first time user. The tech support folks had no explaination but they just reset everything on the account and I'm good to go now. That's for all the suggestions.

W

wkmac

Looks to me like Ford wants to go after the Vette/Viper market with the new GT. Be interesting to see how that plays out.

Congrats to Jr. on the win. Have to admit holding my breath on that last lap as I clearly remember Big E losing the 500 to Derrick Cope because of a tire. Glad Jr. got his out of the way early in his career.

Good to see both Jarrett and Sadler back in the Top 10. Looking at the Big Picture this was a very good week for RYR amd the UPS #88. Still want to know what failed in the #6 and #99 motors. Hearing something in the rocker arm assembly but I know Dale and I'm pretty sure Sadler uses a Jesel assembly and these are pretty bombproof but not sure about the others. Nobodyelse had problems either.

M

my2cents

Just a thought, but I'm wondering how much weight traders give UPS shares in relation to the Dow Jones Transportation index, which UPS is a component of. I believe sometimes the stock moves in sympathy with the index. If one compares a Dow Jones Transport chart with a UPS price chart, there is a rough correlation in trend. If the index has a bad day, UPS shares could go with it, despite any positive news the company may put out that day. Nothing scientific here, just a theory to bat around.

I

ie_web_guy

Anyone out there part of the IE End User Development web development group? Any thoughts or opinions about the group or where it is going?

E

ezrider

my2cents you raise an interesting point.Owning the company stock and being grouped in the Transports is looking much like living in a mansion built right in the middle of a crappy neighborhood.Analysts and investors as a group tend to look at even the strongest stocks in this index as mere insurance to help balance out a portfolio of more talked-about yet less-proven equities.

Wall Street also casts a wary eye on any industry that co-exists with unions and this index is full of horror stories of labor-management standoffs in all corners.That perception isn't always true in every case of course,yet the market is a world where perception is often THE rule.

There's a silver lining in that cloud of market misconception.Eventually,the market corrects itself and has to start over by looking at a stock's fundamentals.And this company is going to show a strong hitting streak of topping the street's quarterly expectations by means of innovation and not by transparent accounting or slashing thousands of jobs.Considering just the size and scale of some of the operations we all work in,I'd say that's a hell of an accomplishment for Eskew and the board to keep the train on the track.

Wall Street may not see it as a great stock yet,but that's the nice part for all of us.We get to buy more before the perception turns the corner.And someday it will.

M

moreluck

If being grouped as a "transport" stock is a 'pull down', then how come FDX rises $1.20 in the same day UPS goes down $.28 ?????????????????????????????
Something doesn't jive with the rationalization here.

R

rushfan

Yep, I sure hope that 88 has things together this year. The ups commercial with dale and the female driver doing yoga was ok.

A hot car to have is a 1984 mercury grand marquis. My grandfather died, and I ended up with it. It has only 60,000 miles-he only drove to and from a local grocery store. The simulated leather top is still intact, no peeling. Has am-fm cassette tape, and electric seats. 3 cigarette lighters. One up front, and 2 in both ashtrays located in the back doors. I don't smoke so I won't use them. V8 power also.
I'm in my 30's so I feel like an old *art. Hey It's a free car.
The best part of all, can you guess the color?

Yep Brown.

(Message edited by rushfan on February 16, 2004)

R

rushfan

Yep, I saw the ohio person ship himself. You see I love quality tv. I will not watch er,friends,raymond, that's all crap. I love stories about morons who will ship themselves. Maximum Exposure was a good show to watch people do neat things like that. My favorite episode was when an amateur stuntman set himself on fire, and his friends couldn't put him out. Or the fire eater who had too much lighter fluid in his mouth.
Now that's quality tv.

(Message edited by rushfan on February 16, 2004)