Archives

B

bonusking

Wild old vet- Im not sure what the exact numbers are supposed to be now, I just know the window for what is concidered a good BP has gotten smaller.
Toonertoo- I will no doubt get another oppinion on this, right now as it stands, they told me today that, the two year DOT card they gave me is now only good for one month...the doc at the clinic that started this whole nightmare called the building today to inform UPS of that, and her reasoning behind changing her mind...was...she say's "the driver told me he was having some problems staying alert during the day." IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM DID I MAKE ANY SUCH CLAIM! Like I said before, all I did was check the [yes] box that asked "do you snore?" This is really starting to piss me off.
They haven't really said that surgery is going to happen.....they have said they want me to under go "treatment". I don't understand why I should have to go through this BS because some doc has to cover their ass, I could understand it if I have had an accident related to this.....but I just got my 13 year safe driving award for God sakes! Makes no sense and is just wrong.

U

upsdude

Maybe some of these "Doc in the Box" locations are using UPS as a ATM machine. "Follow up" appointments seem to be more frequent around here.

L

longups

"the indicator dropped to 0.46, in the 48th annual percentile. The number of shorted UPS shares decreased by 10 percent last month to 22.57 million, which is still an impressive reading. The resultant short-interest ratio on UPS remains high at more than 11 days to cover. "
RETIRED, sounds impressive but can you explain the terminology to me?
I try to do calls and puts on UPS but I don't know the intricate details like this.

U

upscorpis

Morgan Stanley has an underweight rating on the stock due to the high multiple compared to the S&P 500. As a comparison, they have FDX at an even weight rating.

(Message edited by upscorpis on February 14, 2004)

T

traveler

upscorp,

I find two strong sell warnings on the stock.

I really dont know how to research who issued these. Anyone have any ideas?

(Message edited by traveler on February 14, 2004)

B

bigbrownone

Friggin
Old
Rebuilt
Dodge

just had to add it for all of you chevy dorks........here is what a real car looks like!

B

bigbrownone

upsdude that is why i quit going to the quack that i was going to.

The only good thing that he did was diagnose me with sleep apnea.

Sleep apnea will raise your blood pressure. You do NOT need surgery, but if you choose to you can. I personally use a c-pap machine that helps me breathe at night.

Once I was on my c-pap the doctor i was seeing at the time would not take me off of my blood pressure medicine, so i took myslef off of it and quit going to him.

My wife is a nurse and we still to this day monitor my blood pressure.......I told the new doctor about it and he agreed with me that the other doctor must have been trying to pay for a new boat or something.

I also found out that he was doing some very long and extremely expensive tests that are now just about obsolete.

The c-pap took a while to get use to, but if i don't wear it when i sleep i will pay for it the next day.

There is a guy in our building that had the surgery, but he still has to wear a cpap at night because the surgery didn't help 100% and he still has a slight case of apnea.

M

my2cents

Below is the list of analysts from the Quicken link:

A.G. Edwards and Sons, Incorporated
Robert W. Baird and Company, Incorporated
Bear Stearns and Company, Incorporated
CO FORECST
Deutsche Bank Securities
Edward D. Jones
FTN Midwest Research Securities Corp.
Goldman Sachs and Company
CHASE H&Q
Legg Mason Wood Walker, Incorporated
Lehman Brothers, Incorporated
Merrill Lynch and Company
Morgan Keegan and Company, Incorporated
Morgan Stanley,Dean Witter and Company
Prudential Equity Group, LLC
Raymond James and Associates, Incorporated
Smith Barney Citigroup
UBS

I suppose one could find their recommendations on their websites, although one might have to be a client to access the data.

S

sore

According to your link, Traveler, Merrill Lynch and AG Edwards both downgraded UPS to sell in mid-2003. Merrill upgraded later in the year, but there seems to be a gap in their coverage, kinda like W in 'Bama. Morgan Stanley also has them at 'Underweight'.

I appreciate your insight into the stock.

L

local804

Cute Bigone......
The zo6 eats that for breakfast.
Ps real men drive chevy`s
that thing is a teen age girlie car

L

local804

Can anyone say A-ROD........
need I say more..........
Bet the house on this one........

P

proups

local804 is right. You don't even need the Z06 - a stock C5 Corvette 350/350HP would take that new Mustang....off the line, top end, etc....and the 2004 C6 is even faster!

As for the Daytona 500, anything can happen. Biffle won the pole - real surprise. Jarrett won the Shootout even though he hung out in the back of the pack most of the race - despite his starting spot in the 500 he is a contender. Don't count out Mikey - he knows how to win at Daytona. If Mikey and Jr get together we all know what happens.

I'm just glad they are running again!

(Message edited by proups on February 15, 2004)

P

proups

The market is fickle. We outperform our projections, and the stock drops dramatically. I own other stocks that underperform and they are making gains on the market.

Who really knows where to put their money?

P

proups

For part-timers, there is an educational transfer process in place.

Nothing that I know of for full-time.

B

brown1

Something else to look out for is to watch what you eat before the physical. Once I ate a donut and a can of soda for breakfast. Well my blood sugar went through the roof and the nurses spent about thirty minutes trying to get my sugar down so I would pass the exam. If this would have happened at some of these other places who knows what would have happened.

P

proups

Tooner: why don't you sick your mean looking pup on the comp abuser?

Jarrett is the UPS driver because of his professional appearance, his ability to speak in public, and the way he conducts himself on and off the track. UPS will keep him if he can race among the leaders during parts of the race. I'm sure the people that make those decisions aren't worried about winning every race.

Now how Robert Yates feels may be a different story.....

P

proups

I can't believe this happened to UPS. It must have happened with the Air Cargo side of the business. No driver COULD have picked this crate up!

G

gumbybros

Has anybody had any experience challenging mandatory overtime with the clause in the new contract? The last couple of weeks have been particulary hellish what with big loads and bad weather. When I asked my center manager if my request to have my time worked kept to 9.5 or less had to be in writing, he jumped down my throat. He said I don't have 9.5 on paper, and they will say I'm not getting too much work. I don't see anything in the contract about the hrs. worked being what the computers say, but it's worded vaguely enough to leave room for a fight. It's winter here in the Northeast, and a 9.5 dispatch on a country route turns into an 11 hr. day real easy. We're shorthanded and they refuse to put another driver on. Only 4 more years to go but I don't need 10 hrs. of overtime every week during it.