Archives

S

seahorse1

Majic: When you resign OPL is bought back the same as UPS WAS (up to 10% a year until it is all gone); however, the rules may have changed with the "New and Improved OPL." Wouldn't make a lot of sense to force you to sell back and then offer you the opportunity to purchase. Fire them off an e-mail and see what they say TODAY !! Hope this helps some.

M

more

Does anybody out there think that OPL
will go public in the near future??

M

more

I received 2 book orders from Amazon in
the past week. Both delivered by the
USPS. What's the deal?? Oh, and by the
way, the mail"person" couldn't fit the
book in my mailbox, so she leaned it
against my mailbox and the post. Thank
goodness the predicted rain failed to
materialize or someone didn't just walk
off with it.

B

ben

That's my guess More Luck. The buying restrictions remind me of the reduction in purchase allowances that UPS inacted the year prior to the UPS IPO announcement.

I'm taking advantage of the unrestricted buying opportunity and buying as much as I can afford.

W

whatever

Book Rate--USPS has a book rate that we all subsidize. Thats why it didn't come UPS

H

hutchins

I thought Amazon had made a huge deal with UPS. What was it that UPS agreed to ship?

X

xbrown

oplman,
Thanks.......xbrown.
Also, can anyone stop the bleeding ????????
OUCH!!!!!

A

anonymous

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

No one believed me, but I posted this news right here in November. No one commented, and no one seemed to care.

I'll forgive you this time, but next time pay a little more attention...

B

buckshot

IS THERE ANY TRUTH TO THE RUMOR THAT OPL WILL GO PUBLIC AND IF SO HAS A TARGET DATE BEEN SENT?

S

seahorse1

Buckshot: Don't have any facts here myself, just hear from some folks still there that a number of "things" might happen.......go public......buyout by AIG......UPS closeout with a 1 to 1 share swap (21.50 to 58.00...) It's probably best described as a crap shoot or anybody's guess.

R

robert

I was told by Finance manager that OPL met yesterday, price may go up today.

R

randy

Anyone know the rules on expense accounts. I'm in an extended area and am required to drive to another center about 25% of the year. I am not being allowed to take these miles on my expence account which comes out to 60 miles round trip.

X

xbrown

More luck,
When I got my statement for OPL, my eyes almost popped out because the bottom line read 10x the dollar amount it should have. That was one of the subtle clues that OPL is headed for the open market. The first clue was when we could buy the stock which was never afforded to us before; and the shear number of stock permitted to purchase. These combined with all the other not so secretive measures UPS has taken has been a pleasant reminder of how Brown stock came to the public as an IPO.
I believe that it will go public just like Brown. Why not? It just follows the natural progression of things and the way the co. has gone over the past 5 years -- pre and post strike. Wait til you see what happens with the next contract....I predict that ALL employees; will get stock given to them. The only thing that will separate union from non-union will be the clothes worn to work; suit vs. brown. The MIP will be watered down to about a .6 to accomodate the 332,000 eligible shareowners.

E

ex-hourly

xbrown,
I won't start out by saying giving stock to all employee will "never" happen because we have seen just recently what people use to say "never". BUT....if they start giving shares to hourlies and the only thing separating hourlies and management is the clothes we wear....look out because there will be a lot of pissed off people. The only thing separating our salaries is the MIP award and that was put in place for all the extra hours we put in and taking the job home with us. All I can say at this point if they do give stock to eeryone they better bump up the management salaries. They have a hard enough time now at it is to get people to move from the hourly ranks into management.

X

xbrown

ex hourly,
That's why I got out. It seemed to me that the tail was wagging the dog. And if my prediction holds true, then stock will be given to ALL. The bone from the last contract was the ability to purchase stock. Now what do you think the teamsters are cooking up for this contract? A bigger raise? More vacation time? More sick or personal leave? They have all of that or can get it. Just as Alaska is the final frontier, the stock is final frontier for the teamsters with UPS. My opinion only. Good luck.

G

go

Magic,
Do you realize it's the same amount as last time, only cut in half because they are paying it twice a year instead of only once??!?!?!?

X

xbrown

Magic,
I left in January, and still have all my OPL. Prediction......going public.

M

more

We also believe it's going public and plan
to buy the full amount of shares allowed.
I don't want this to be one of those times
where you look back and could kick yourself for not buying when you could. I think the
worse case scenario is no growth & no
going public and in that case, I'll sell
it........but, I've got a "gut" feeling
about this one.

M

magic

To: GoPublicOpl: The point is that the
dividend is still up there even with
the loss of UPS revenues.