Archives

R

riley

I believe the comment that the stock price didn't go up because of the delay in purchase opportunities because of the SEC.

I'm buying in March.

K

kick

"The downside to this has already started. An AE in my district made a DEMAND that one of his better accounts now get a 21:00 pickup time."

If the later pick up results in new volume that used to go with the competition, that is NOT a bad thing. Just because we did not do certain things in the past, does not mean we can't do them now. It is war out there and we have to do anything we can to win.

B

bleedsbrown

As for the comment about the BOD buying shares previous to the IPO, I find it very unlikely that that happened. I understand there was a controller and a DM IN SW Region that were fired for that very thing. I don't know that as a fact but what is a fact is that the SEC has software that tracks every trade (yes, every trade) previous to an IPO and a variety of methods to detect relationships between Company insiders and their family members and friends. They use sophisticated computer modeling to detect crooks and they are a LOT stricter than in the past and they catch and pursue people ranging from the biggest brokerage houses to corporate CEO's and get convictions.

H

hubrat

I hope to be taking some of my money and buying OPL stock with it as well. I am not selling any shares during the cash tender because the price is pathetic, but I will use my hypo line to buy shares of OPL in the hopes that all of it's problems are behind it and there may even be the IPO some have speculated about. I am a 25 year supervisor and when I started they were still telling folks that if you stuck with the company till you retired you would be a millionaire. I just made it at 45 since my 401k and IRA were fully in UPS stock as well, and I have been buying shares since going into supervision in 1983. I still believe that UPS is a long ways from perfect, but it's the best Company I have ever worked for by a long ways! It's everything I hoped it would be and I could retire now if necessary. What a great position to be in! Long Live UPS!

M

more

I've changed my mind about buying OPL.
Even if OPL goes public and doubles,
there's bigger profits to be made in
tech. and bio-tech. stocks. I have had
good luck and quick growth with my own
portfolio and would rather put money into
that.

X

xbrown

More Luck,
I agree. I will be doing the same thing, especially with the tender money. Biotech and tech has been the way to go in the most recent past and it doesn't appear to be slowing. By the way, the tender money is NOT income it is capital gains -- long or short term depending on which stocks were sold.
See you in the nasdaq.

M

mary

I'm still an OPL buyer.

The scenario with the OPL stock is too close to the steps that lead up to the UPS public offering. I'd hate to miss out on the gains from a sale of the company. High Tech can't last forever, it's too risky for me to sink much more money into that sector. OPL is safe and has the potential for a big upside. At my age I can't afford to gamble on a tech stock that could take a huge hit.

W

wjb

I'm using tender proceeds to purchase OPL. It's a less turbulent investment which is exactly what my nerves need right now. Maybe I could earn more in tech stocks but I can't survive the rollercoaster ride that goes along with it.

M

more

WJB: The roller coaster ride is part of
the thrill for me. I guess I'm just a
gambler at heart. So far, it's paid off
for me. I support the "pie" idea. Some
monies in safe stocks, like UPS & OPL and
other monies in more aggressive growth.
Being in our early 50's, we're not
quite ready to lower the risk factor just
yet.

M

metrodite

Our Division Manager's thoughts on the "Win/Win" push a few years ago...he didn't much care for the whole "Cheerio" HR Department or their campaign: "It can be win/win or win/lose...just as long as there is a "w" is next to my name."

P

preloaddaddy

NEWS FLASH: A division manager is not a major cog in the big picture. Talk about the big fish in a small pond theory. Yes, they make good money and get an option, but in an organization such as UPS, they are middle management at BEST. So take what they say with a grain of salt.
Regards,
PreLoadDaddy

Z

zoneskip

latest rumor: UPS will give all residential deliveries to the USPS by year end.

F

felix

How about this rumor, disgruntled worker attempts to seek revenge on those he feels have control over his life by posting negative rumor on the Internet.

G

good

Hey Preload Daddy, So are you the ....Corporate Preload Manager? - a newly formed position? Clearly, you are above the worthless Division Manager level.

Or, are you a 17 year part-time supervisor?

M

more

Am I dense, or am I just not getting it?? With
the heading of "Lighthearted UPS Stories & People", why do I get the feeling it's not light-hearted? I guess I was expecting stories of how a driver brings doggie treats to the puppies on his route. Too sugary??
No need for anyone to answer my first question.

T

trisha

Unfortunately the disgruntled are far more vocal than the satisfied. I'm not sure why but that seems to be the trend on most of the boards.

P

preload

Good Fun,
I am the father of a 19 yr old college student who works in the UPS preload opeation. I think UPS is a great company and I have invested in the company. Being retired and having the opportunity to read the different boards I have gotten a feel for the people who work at UPS. There are some outstanding qualities, some not so good. I gather most are very hard working and devoted. I also think many have tunnel vision, and have only worked for UPS,so they don't know any other way. I am just adding my opinion like you.
I also noticed some nasty remarks by the same people who are now wondering why there are nasty posts. Just read back on these topics....you will see what am talking about.

T

trisha

Everyone gets discouraged sometimes but it seems like that's the only time many people post. Let's see if we can get a few more posts in the spirit that this thread was intended for. Using the boards to vent frustration is too common, let's vent a little good stuff too.

Y

y

Good Fun,
Everyone at UPS knows when you're a preloadDaddy your king of the hill! Someone made a comment about preloadDaddy on another thread and the entire thread was deleted by the real king of the hill, Cheryl.
I've met Oz Nelson, Jim Kelly, Kal Tyler, Kal Darden, and some other high ups and none of them mentioned preload as an major accomplishment.
Go preloadDaddy! Maybe you can work your way up to QualityDaddy!

X

xxx

If you want to speak the truth about UPS management you are going to have to use the Raging Bull Board or Yahoo. This one and Motley Fool sensor the posts. Every time someone gets real they delete the post. Watch how fast this one disapears.

Free Speech doesn't happen on Motley Fool or here.