Archives

L

lr1937

I would like to see a comparison of the debt of ups and fdx. I know ups has a bettet debt or bond rating but have never seen any comparison. Thanks for the vol up revenue comparison.

R

robonono

I just deserted MF, and have accepted Cheryl's invitation to join BrownCafe.

Like lr1937, I would also like to see a comparison of other financial stats, including net income.

R

robonono

Thanks for the invite Cheryl. Looking forward to continuing our great discussuions with Foolish friends.

R

rshoe4056

Rshoe4056 here.....thanks Cheryl!
Bad day on Wall street...but UPS held its own.
Geeeez. are we ever gonna get to 60 again?

L

lr1937

A lot of major corporations reporting integrity is under question. This may help ups in the long run especially if there is an early contract settlement.

G

gulfer1

Back on board after a lot of reading and not very much posting at the "fool." Hope to make a home here???

D

dabusdrivr

A "BUS" on board.

Not a good day for the stock market, and probably more down market days ahead, but UPS held up well only dropping .23. As long as "Enron-itis" and "Tyco-itis" make the daily headlines, this market is in for a bumpy ride. Let's hope contract negotiations go smoothly, or you can forget seeing $60 for quite some time.

Welcome aboard everyone. DaBus

C

cheryl

Hi Bus, I'm very happy to see you. Please make yourself at home :happy:

P

peacock71

In this market a company with a reputation for integrity and a triple AAA credit rating should draw some investor money. Looks like UPS price fared relatively well today.

Go UPS!
P71

L

lr1937

How is it that that ups debt to equity is l.5% and fdx is .4% yet ups has a AAA rating and fdx is B- or something like that. I was always under the impression that ups had a better credit standing the fdx. Have I missed something.
Thanks again for the numbers cheryl.

C

cheryl

robonono, batavia and tuknick I'm so glad that you are here. Welcome!

L

legs

Unions have become largely irrelevant in the private sector because they focus on "preserving" jobs in mature or declining industries that must improve productivity (and thus decrease headcount) to remain competitive. In the case of UPS this automation of sorting within facilities will reduce the need for some union jobs which the union does not address with it's demands for more jobs. This is a quixotic effort to resist inevitable market forces. Unions succeed in the government sector because government is far less susceptible to market forces.

Unions could become more relevant in the private sector if they emphasized worker training and skill development. Most workers understand that they will likely not spend 30 years with the same employer, and that the key to improving their ability to earn is not seniority, but the skills that they can offer to their current or another employer. Unions are trying to preserve the past, not prepare for the future.

W

wharey

Cheryl, thanks for giving us a place to meet. I have been gone from UPS for 11 years. When I discovered TMF board it not only had many excellent stock discussions but also brought back the memories of an incredibly hard job accomplished through teamwork, excellent management philosophy and some of the best people with whom I have ever been associated. I look forward to visiting your site daily to increase my investing knowledge and continue keeping my brown blood flowing.

T

thedrooler

I have safely beamed over from the Fool board. Life is good.

The Drooler