Archives

E

elmo826

Cheryl,
I have done extensive business with Music City. I use their UPS NASCAR products as recognition with our employees. I have been purchasing items from them for almost a year. I found their website via the link here at Browncafe. I have not encountered any problems with receiving items on time. I have had a few returns with them and those transactions were handled properly. As with any business, there are going to be mistakes and unhappy customers. I have been extremely satisfied with their performance. The selection and availability of items is excellent. While it's true, their products are not always the cheapest, I have found their quality and service to be topnotch. If there is a better site for UPS NASCAR souvenirs, I'd love to hear from someone.

L

lr1937

upsadvisor, thank you for enlightning me. It appears from what you are saying that fdx is playing the look good instead of be good game. I am not the bean counter type and I have learned from your post.

C

cheryl

If anyone besides jcroche has had a problem with Music City Motorsports I haven't heard from them. Since this topic was posted I have received five emails about them, all of which have been from satisfied customers. Their link has been prominently displayed on the front page of the Brown Cafe since November 2000 with a large volume of merchandise being ordered through it and until jcroche's complaint I had never heard of any problems.

As I stated before I gave Music City firm customer service standards to meet before agreeing to offer their products to the Brown Cafe community. I also told them that if there were complaints that they would be removed from the Brown Cafe immediately, and those standards still apply.

By the way, thank you to all of you that have ordered merchandise through our link to Music City. It doesn't cost you any more than going directly to their site and supports Brown Cafe through a small commission paid to us for every order.

Those of you that were around at the beginning of Brown Cafe may remember those annoying flycast / engage banner ads I used for a while in 1999 to try to make the site financially self sufficient. Using affiliation agreements like Music City's help keep the Brown Cafe free from that type of obnoxious banner advertising.

Your comments are welcome...

U

upsadvisor

Fed Ex is doing what they have to to grow and survive it may in fact work if UPS makes a mistake and waits too long to deal with the competition.

I belive that UPS management knows what its doing and has a strategy to deal with Fed Ex on all fronts.

What we need to do as shareholders is to buy the stock on dips and continue to shut out the noise and focus on the facts.

This is one of the last great stories left in corporate america we need to continue to tell the story.

As always you need to protect yourself and make sure you have a well diversfied asset base.

John

J

justiceonce

UPS management !!!
I hope you have a plan to take FDX down!!

We are counting on you! (just don't take out the Teamster members doing it).

Anybody know where I can get a UPS/FedEx marble chess board with pewter pieces?

Have a good day!

G

gregg

Would Any one Here Help Me Get on At UPS, im a 29 white male, live in Aiken,SC, tried for years to get on, we have a tracking center here,in Aiken,SC, would love to work at it, i will pay anyone here who gets me on, can someone help me,also out of work,and ups has always been my dream job, i sound crazy , but im telling the truth, can you help,They Have my resume, THanks ,Gregg Williamson Aiken,SC (803)648-0849 or (803)507-5005 or [email protected]

M

moreluck

OLDER & WISER

A foursome of senior golfers hit the course with waning enthusiasm for the sport.

"These hills are getting steeper as the years go by," one complained.

"These fairways seem to be getting longer too," said one of the others.

"The sand traps seem to be bigger than I remember them too," said the third senior.

After hearing enough from his senior buddies, the oldest and the wisest of the four at 87, piped up
and said, "Oh my friends, I'm just thankful we're still on this side of the grass!"

C

cheryl

Gregg,

Please feel free to post here but you should be aware that we have a strict no spam policy. I appreciate your enthusiasm but as you can probably understand I had to remove all your other posts.

Best of luck in your quest to get a job at UPS.

Cheryl

G

gregg

IF ANYBODY THINKS THEY MIGHT CAN HELP ME GET A JOB AT UPS, GIVE ME A CALL OR EMAIL, I MIGHT NOT ALWAYS READ MESSAGE BOARD! Gregg Williamson

R

robonono

Can someone please help and explain just what it is that the OPL Board is doing? I really don't understand this AMs announcement.

EXCERPT:
"HAMILTON, Bermuda, Feb 13, 2002 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Following several reviews of strategic alternatives available to the company, and consultation with outside advisors, the Board of Directors of Overseas Partners Ltd. ("OPL") today announced its decision to restructure OPL and cause most of its operations to begin an orderly runoff. Specifically, OPL will discontinue writing new business in Bermuda immediately, and put its Bermuda operations (OP Re, OPAL, and OPFinite business) into runoff. In that regard, the company is in discussions with parties potentially interested in hiring the Bermuda finite and accident & health underwriting teams. The Company has also entered in to an agreement with Renaissance Reinsurance Ltd. whereby Renaissance will assume the policies of OPCat, thereby assuring continuity of coverage for our clients."

R

robonono

I appreciate the links, but I already found them. I still don't think that I understand fully what it is that the Board is doing.

They have:
a) reduced the price of a share to $11.07
b) eliminated the dividend
c) discontinued offering new re-insurance in Bermuda

But, are they basically offering the individual parts of the company for sale, and offering their employees for hire by other interested companies?

What is a "runoff"?

Any help?

R

rshoe4056

Is this going to be the day that FDX passes UPS stock price? They have not only regained their loses since Sep 11, but continue to climb, whereas UPS has recovered, but remains stagnent.

I never thought I would buy into the competition but the thought is close to becoming action!

R

retired

As described in the release, this decision recognized the desire of many of our shareholders to have greater liquidity for their investment in OPL. The Board and its advisors are considering means to provide shareholders both near term and longer term liquidity, and will provide further communications as soon as possible. However, due to the regulated nature of the reinsurance
business and other business reasons, including current market conditions and the structure of OPLs remaining real estate portfolio, it could take many years to complete the runoff of OPLs businesses and fully return share capital...

I need a translator

M

my2cents

Try this link: UPSjobs.com

It may be possible the place where you want to be employed may be fully staffed at the present time. Good luck.

N

nickdig

Translation: Stick a fork in OPL, they are done.

Basically, it's time for the OPL garage sale, whatever they can get for their stuff & whatever cash is left on hand after all their policies go by the boards, we get.

M

michael

Is it just me or is the language being used so vague and obscure that it can be interpreted in so many ways that will only cause and create more confusion ? (as if there wasn't enough already) Does anyone know of any reason why they won't come out and tell us what the hell is happening .

What ever happened to all the money that was given to the government before we won the tax case ? Do they ever have to give us answers , it seems as if the answer to the question is NO ..

Do we have ANY options ? They asked us to be patient and hold on to our stock ..(and ultimately gave us no choice but to hold it) What they should have said was bend over and hold on to our ankles !!!!!

To those who would say that we got it at 25¢ well , maybe the first shares were 25¢ but the price went up after that . I am hoping that when all is said and done we get something back on our investment but , I am not holding my breath .

By being forced to put my faith and trust in a company I am left confused and bitter. I guess in the end they can force us to trust them and we can only hope for pennies on the dollar ! WHAT A DEAL !