Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
4267D339-E439-4B51-B9E0-270D32C035EC.jpeg
31C66788-04C7-48DA-955E-DB05B66E62B1.jpeg
26F96157-57F2-4D66-9960-E6C9DEBC46FD.jpeg
Ok sounds good, copy kick it back copy
Welcome to your new reality... you ready for this!???

gatorkev85

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I'm getting ready to start classes for cover feeder this Sunday my question is how long does it usually take to go full time feeder and is the pay structure different going this route? Also someone told me they force you to cash your vacation out the 1st week is this true? Thanks

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I'm getting ready to start classes for cover feeder this Sunday my question is how long does it usually take to go full time feeder and is the pay structure different going this route? Also someone told me they force you to cash your vacation out the 1st week is this true? Thanks
Pay is the structure is the same ( you get a little extra for pulling doubles/triples) the answers to your other questions depend on your location.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When I was working it was .45/hr more for feeders over PC, then .55/hr on top of that for pulling a set. Back then you had to pull a set at least one leg of your work day to receive set pay for your entire day. It might take years to go from cover feeder driver to FT, it depends on your situation and manpower/turnover/needs where you are. If you're only cover, I don't think you'd rebid your vacation, because that might cause some bumping. Odds are, if you do have to change vacations, they would assign you weeks that nobody has spoken for like Jan-Feb. Your results may vary.

gatorkev85

Pay is the structure is the same ( you get a little extra for pulling doubles/triples) the answers to your other questions depend on your location.
Im in Jax, Fl and when I was in HR turning my paperwork in I overheard the lady saying they were putting the sheet back out again at the end of March. I've heard something about a big turnover this year of drivers retiring so maybe they will offer ft not ling after I start. Is that even an option or would i just bid for ft feeder once I see it out?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Im in Jax, Fl and when I was in HR turning my paperwork in I overheard the lady saying they were putting the sheet back out again at the end of March. I've heard something about a big turnover this year of drivers retiring so maybe they will offer ft not ling after I start. Is that even an option or would i just bid for ft feeder once I see it out?
Lotsa drivers who started in the late 80's are cashing their chips. You're under a different supplement so I don't know all the ins and outs of how your PT to FT works, we don't have PT feeder cover drivers here.

govols019

You smell that?

Your first week of training is unpaid...I just used my option days.

gatorkev85

I also heard there is something you have to know word for word from a study guide. They haven't given me anything to study. I go tomorrow for my road test in the brown truck will I get it then? And will I have to wear the uniform while in class or my regular clothes?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I also heard there is something you have to know word for word from a study guide. They haven't given me anything to study. I go tomorrow for my road test in the brown truck will I get it then? And will I have to wear the uniform while in class or my regular clothes?

Can you drive a stick?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There's a whole lot of stuff you're gonna have to know word for word, starting with the 10 point commentary and the 5 seeing habits. The big one is the pretrip on the tractor trailer that you have to know to pass your CDL test.