olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
A folded up ccr always did the trick for a loose electrical cord
You learn a lot of these tricks over the years to keep rolling. I always carried some small tools, duct tape, extra rubber inserts for glad hands, and extra glad hand, hose , hardware, and wrench , to change out if necessary, spare bulbs and bulb covers ,spare light cord , etc.

we did a lot of trailer switches in the middle of nowhere so you had to learn to be a little handy in a pinch. everything I learned was from other drivers.

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
Just curious, does it still look like peak everywhere with all the rental equipment? Our rental equipment used to always be gone by the end of february but this year it seems like we just keep getting more. The tractors don't bother me as they are usually nicer than anything UPS would buy but I am sick of all of the pos USAZ and CTLZ pieces of s#@!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Just curious, does it still look like peak everywhere with all the rental equipment? Our rental equipment used to always be gone by the end of february but this year it seems like we just keep getting more. The tractors don't bother me as they are usually nicer than anything UPS would buy but I am sick of all of the pos USAZ and CTLZ pieces of s#@!
We did for a while with tractors , all our stuff red tagged , bad run with breakdowns , but what do you expect when everything we have is 700 to 900 k on then , then we get other buildings crap with 4 to 600 k to replace ,,, rinse and repeat !

Johney

Pineapple King
We did for a while with tractors , all our stuff red tagged , bad run with breakdowns , but what do you expect when everything we have is 700 to 900 k on then , then we get other buildings crap with 4 to 600 k to replace ,,, rinse and repeat !
Dam sounds just like my building. Except ours get over a million miles.

govols019

You smell that?

We don't see tractors until they have at least a million miles on them...the hubs dump on extended centers and then wonder while we have such a high wrecker bill every month.

Covemastah

We don't see tractors until they have at least a million miles on them...the hubs dump on extended centers and then wonder while we have such a high wrecker bill every month.
Yes !!! And most jobs we have here all make at least one trip to the airport bringing the “gold”

Covemastah

I feel guilty for saying , hate to complain , but others and I get a bit p o “d when we see a young feeder guy with 7-8 yrs seniority parked next to yah in a shiney new tractor , and you got 25-30 yrs seniority and your in a truck with zip ties holding it together !!!

jaker

trolling
I feel guilty for saying , hate to complain , but others and I get a bit p o “d when we see a young feeder guy with 7-8 yrs seniority parked next to yah in a shiney new tractor , and you got 25-30 yrs seniority and your in a truck with zip ties holding it together !!!
Aww poor you , it is luck of the draw where I am at and usually the older feeder guys want to older trucks because of the technology in the new ones

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
I wonder how they decide who gets the new tractors? My hub is the same way, most tractors have close to a million miles on them or more, although we did get some new freightliners in last year. We have at least 10 rentals right now that are all nicer than the majority of our tractors. The hub 30 minutes down the road is basically the same way with probably about 350 feeder drivers between the two of us but then you go to a place like HARPA and they have almost all newer macks (275 and up) sitting in the yard as far as the eye can see.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Ding Beep Ding Beep Dong Beep Beep Beep Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Beep Beep...... these new tractors will have you pulling your freaking hair out man. Don't get me wrong they're nice, the interior is like a spaceship, but something is always going wrong with them. I've got 300 people with more seniority than me and I'm driving the shiny new tractor, that should tell you something.