ManInBrown

question.... I drive a new kenworth and whenever I put the heater on with the knob on defrost the air conditioning light ALWAYS comes on also, but if I move the knob to 1/2 defrost, 1/2 legs then the air conditioning goes off.... what’s up with that??? Drives me nuts and can’t figure out how to not make this happen... any thoughts???
The climate control in the Kenworths are messed up. They either don’t work at all, only work half the time, or have heat only or AC only. The only bad thing about them. I love the new twin screw Kenworths and I like the old single axel. They drive nice. But the climate control does not work.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
question.... I drive a new kenworth and whenever I put the heater on with the knob on defrost the air conditioning light ALWAYS comes on also, but if I move the knob to 1/2 defrost, 1/2 legs then the air conditioning goes off.... what’s up with that??? Drives me nuts and can’t figure out how to not make this happen... any thoughts???

Nothing you can do about it.

Most cars are designed that way also.

When you need to use full defrost, the A/C helps remove the moisture inside the car/truck helping to keep the windshield from fogging or misting up do to condensation and is designed to come on.

When you turn it toward floor, you no longer need full defrost and the car/truck assumes that the windshield is clear and the A/C is no longer needed.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
With the amount of rain we’ve been getting lately over here. I feel uncomfortable driving tractor only. I find myself driving no more than 50mph. How fast can you Safely drive these tractors before they begin to lose traction?

My original trainer told me, in the best of conditions, never go over 62 mph while you TO.