P

pickup

Guys around me go to their local DMV. Its the same address as the return address on the provided envelope. Not sure if you can go to the main office.

I’ll try to hunt down the guy who claims he took his to his local MVC in NJ.

For those out of state , many years ago a former governor decided the image of the DMV had to be changed so he changed the name of it to MVC (Motor Vehicle Commission).

Unfortunately the MVC sucks just as much as the DMV.

ManInBrown

I’ll try to hunt down the guy who claims he took his to his local MVC in NJ.

For those out of state , many years ago a former governor decided the image of the DMV had to be changed so he changed the name of it to MVC (Motor Vehicle Commission).

Unfortunately the MVC sucks just as much as the DMV.
NJ privatized our DMV years ago. Before that it was a dumpster fire. Now it runs pretty smooth. I haven’t been more than a few times in 5-10 years but every time very smooth. In and out relatively quick.

When you guys say envelope, do you mean the envelope from the letter I will get saying my DOT expires soon?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
It sounds like this is different in every state. My state sends me a postcard roughly 30 days before my card expires. That card has clear instructions on where to mail, email or fax my new certificate.

If someone had questions it would seem a local coworker or supervisor with some years in feeders would be the place to go. Our supervisors all have their CDL'a so they know what's up with staying current and legal.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
What envelope? Can’t I just go to my local office? The main office that oversees all DMV’s in NJ is an hour from me.

I would say yes, but can't be 100% sure.

In Ohio, we have 4 choices.

1. Mail
2. email
3. Fax
4. In person at any local BMV (Bureau of Motor Vehicles)

P

pickup

NJ privatized our DMV years ago. Before that it was a dumpster fire. Now it runs pretty smooth. I haven’t been more than a few times in 5-10 years but every time very smooth. In and out relatively quick.

When you guys say envelope, do you mean the envelope from the letter I will get saying my DOT expires soon?

I didn't remember about this privatization so I googled it .

Apparently, the NJ DMV was privatized in 1995. According the opinion piece I googled, the service sucked as a result and in 2003, the DMV returned to state control. I believe that is when the name change took place as well.

So it may be that your local DMV is actually state controlled and run again.

boxboy23

With the amount of rain we’ve been getting lately over here. I feel uncomfortable driving tractor only. I find myself driving no more than 50mph. How fast can you Safely drive these tractors before they begin to lose traction?

Johney

With the amount of rain we’ve been getting lately over here. I feel uncomfortable driving tractor only. I find myself driving no more than 50mph. How fast can you Safely drive these tractors before they begin to lose traction?
I never felt comfortable bobtailing in the Sterlings at all in the rain and would avoid it at all cost's. The old Internationals seemed a bit better and the KW's really seem to be the best for me. As far as the safest speed you can drive, that's entirely up to how you feel bobtailing in the rain. Only drive at a speed YOU feel comfortable with.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Ever been in a Sterling? They feel like that on dry pavement.

I would take a Sterling over an old International any day, but the new tractors bobtail way better than those old ones, I guess it's the air suspension.

I think the CNG tractors are the best to bobtail in, probably because the tank placement shifts more weight over the rear axles.

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
question.... I drive a new kenworth and whenever I put the heater on with the knob on defrost the air conditioning light ALWAYS comes on also, but if I move the knob to 1/2 defrost, 1/2 legs then the air conditioning goes off.... what’s up with that??? Drives me nuts and can’t figure out how to not make this happen... any thoughts???

over9five

Staff member
question.... I drive a new kenworth and whenever I put the heater on with the knob on defrost the air conditioning light ALWAYS comes on also, but if I move the knob to 1/2 defrost, 1/2 legs then the air conditioning goes off.... what’s up with that??? Drives me nuts and can’t figure out how to not make this happen... any thoughts???
Is that the light that sometimes is blue, and sometimes green? That used to drive me nuts!

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
Is that the light that sometimes is blue, and sometimes green? That used to drive me nuts!
I think it’s just one color but if it’s on full defrost it always turns the air button on....oh well otherwise I really like that rig.... single screw, good power pulling sets for the most part , comfortable cab and seat....

Indecisi0n

Put electrical tape over it.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I’ve been told that the A/C is set to come on to pull moisture out of the air for defrost. Most vehicles do this automatically. It just stands out on the Kenworth’s because the A/C light comes on. It’s normal.