MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Tomorrow im taking a load to Albany then im supposed to meal then wait like 1.5 hours for the load going back to my building.

Drivers from my building tell me that i dont have to report to the office on Albany and just wait until the load going back pull time, I have seen drivers come to my building and just wait like 2 hours for their load,
How true is is that you are not supposed to do job at a different local than yours?
Ewww… nastiest city in New York.
Which is cute because it’s also the capital of New York! Riddle me that

And I don’t know much about how your job in feeders works, but you don’t wanna end up like that poor :censored2: who stole time and got canned, and proceeded to call most if not all of us an absolute :censored2:ing disgrace of a human being

ManInBrown

Tomorrow im taking a load to Albany then im supposed to meal then wait like 1.5 hours for the load going back to my building.

Drivers from my building tell me that i dont have to report to the office on Albany and just wait until the load going back pull time, I have seen drivers come to my building and just wait like 2 hours for their load,
How true is is that you are not supposed to do job at a different local than yours?
What else are you going to do? You don’t work for Albany. You’re scheduled a load back and it’s not ready till such and such time, that’s not your problem. Activity-Feeder-Sort-Central Sort.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We had guys who would go to dispatch and say "Hey, I'm done with meal and I got a couple hours til my pull time, ya need me to do anything?"

HFolb23

We had guys who would go to dispatch and say "Hey, I'm done with meal and I got a couple hours til my pull time, ya need me to do anything?"
I’m 6 months into feeders and this is what I was taught to do. And when I don’t do it I get a phone call the following day asking why.

I’ve used delay, trailer not ready before without anyone saying anything but only after they send me a message that they’re all set in the yard and dont need me on shiftcom anymore and never more than an hour or so.

What do the rest of you guys do to code out time in the IVIS while you’re waiting on your loads? I really thought we had to sit on shiftcom all night waiting.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I’m 6 months into feeders and this is what I was taught to do. And when I don’t do it I get a phone call the following day asking why.

I’ve used delay, trailer not ready before without anyone saying anything but only after they send me a message that they’re all set in the yard and dont need me on shiftcom anymore and never more than an hour or so.

What do the rest of you guys do to code out time in the IVIS while you’re waiting on your loads? I really thought we had to sit on shiftcom all night waiting.
Depends on the schedule. If you're scheduled to shift then yes, go on shiftcom. A lot of runs have central sort in the schedule though in which case it's nap time til your loads are ready. The only reason you should get a phone call about it is if you're scheduled to shift and you didn't. At 6 months I assume you're still in cover so you probably don't bother to look at the detailed schedule for whatever run you're covering beyond the legs and pull times listed in the IVIS but if you're curious you can always ask dispatch for a printout.

HFolb23

Depends on the schedule. If you're scheduled to shift then yes, go on shiftcom. A lot of runs have central sort in the schedule though in which case it's nap time til your loads are ready. The only reason you should get a phone call about it is if you're scheduled to shift and you didn't. At 6 months I assume you're still in cover so you probably don't bother to look at the detailed schedule for whatever run you're covering beyond the legs and pull times listed in the IVIS but if you're curious you can always ask dispatch for a printout.
Sorry for the late reply I just saw your post.

I am FT cover out of a small center who’s feeder operation is managed out of the nearest hub. Almost every hub I go to has yard dogs doing shifting and road tractors just supplementing the moves until shiftcom changed a few weeks ago. I’ll have to ask for the detailed schedule when I get the weekly schedule.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You're not interested in hearing about blowing red lights with looters hanging from the tractor and trailer while swinging a gun out the driver's window?!!
That's true. Before I worked at UPS used to deliver to the LA market down town. The owner of truck told me it would be a good idea not to stop at stop lights.

One time one of those guys jumped on my step and told me i needed him to lump off the load. I pulled my gun and told him to get away and he did. You get hard down there real fast or else you don't survive.

I hated that place. Everyone was so miserable.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

Activity-feeder-shift-( do you want to go on shiftcom?)- NO-SIT.

HFolb23

Activity-feeder-shift-( do you want to go on shiftcom?)- NO-SIT.
Does that show on a report? I know there’s “Shift” where you type in the number of moves at the end and “Shiftcom” where they send you moves. I was corrected for using “Shift” at a Hub when it’s only to be used at a Center.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Does that show on a report? I know there’s “Shift” where you type in the number of moves at the end and “Shiftcom” where they send you moves. I was corrected for using “Shift” at a Hub when it’s only to be used at a Center.
If you are at a hub, logging into shiftcom (and hitting yes) will allow yard control to send you moves directly to your IVIS. Hitting “no” when it asks you if you would like to log into shiftcom will still put you on shift but yard control can’t send you any moves.

That being said, if your ORS specifically told you not to do that, don’t do it.

Last edited: